Author Topic: XP on duel servers  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
Re: XP on duel servers
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 03:47:21 pm »
Too easy to exploit.

Duel only friends that comes to let themselves die at your hands and you have un unstoppable grind machine (easily spottable in the long run ofc but even then..).

lol?

If it was anything like it was before it would take you way longer to make XP dueling than just going to battle or siege. xD
but okay then , I'd enjoy watching 2 people waste their time so that one person can level though I doubt anyone would do this because.. well for the reason I already stated, not enough xp to be made this way, it'd be faster to go to Battles or Siege.

all in all, I say YES to some xp on duel servers, I don't see a problem with getting a small reward each time you win, I HIGHLY doubt that this could be abooooooooooooooozed simply because you wouldn't make enough xp for it to be worth the time to abuse.

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: XP on duel servers
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 03:54:01 pm »
Too easy to exploit.

Duel only friends that comes to let themselves die at your hands and you have un unstoppable grind machine (easily spottable in the long run ofc but even then..).

If the system were implemented correctly, this would not be any more effective than simply playing on the battle server. I tested this with a clanmate who was of the same opinion as you, and if someone were to "exploit" this way, they could get about 3 kills per minute on the duel server. If the duel server gave you 1 "tick" of XP per kill, it would be the equivalent to a x3 modifier for ONE of the two people required. Since two people are required to do this, that averages to a 1.5x modifier if you're exploiting, which is hardly worth it. You'd be better off to go on a battle/siege server and just switch your banner to whoever has good people on at the time.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.