Poll

If crossbows were to be buffed, which one of these would be the most balanced?

Lessen the affect of rain on crossbows
12 (14.1%)
Buff accuracy on crossbows (possibly back to 98 on the Arb)
10 (11.8%)
Increase damage on bolts by 20-30%
7 (8.2%)
Increase damage on crossbows by 10-30%
19 (22.4%)
OP is a my old friend.
34 (40%)
Decrease reload time on crossbows (lolnative)
3 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: January 23, 2012, 03:49:03 pm

Author Topic: Crossbows and the new patch  (Read 2674 times)

Offline seddrik

• Very mad bro
  • Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • NSCOC.Info
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Seddrik_PxC
Re: Crossbows and the new patch
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 09:05:02 am »
Not many people (if any) ever got 20-30 kills in a set by arb alone.  But arb gets nerfed.  Arb was just fine before.  Now it is useless.  I understand the addition of not usable on horse for reg crossbow (certain individuals dragging out rounds...).  Why is it that anything that hits dramatically is nerfed, even if it isnt quite as copmpetative as melee?  Yes arbs could one shot.  But their slow enough reload time gave most people ample time to charge them.

As for bows, headshots hit hard before.  Now... its insta death no matter how weak the archer.  And seems like there are more archers firing rapid fire now than before.  Archery was better before patch, at least more balanced for the game over all.  Seen some guys topping the charts regularly with arcchery, whereas before they did average.

I say we burn the devs at the stake.  Any takers? (cough)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:06:24 am by seddrik »

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 03:51:15 pm »
Xbow needs the buff, it could headshot before the patch, now it's just a huge nerf seeing how they didn't really buff anything to counter the damage nerf. It is obvious that xbowman should be the ones carrying a melee weapon, if you use an arbalest you can only use 1 slot so you can't really hit hard in melee, the xbow takes a very long time to reload and at max can only get 13 kills a round using an arbalest. Archers have at minimum 30 arrows, compared to xbow's 13 bolts. I personally don't think the xbow needed to be nerfed in this patch, and if it really pisses people, i recommended making all xbows not usable on horse, I really hate xbow cav and i think it's just a troll class.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Croaker McGee

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • You can't spell 'Slaughter' without 'Laughter'.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Croaker_McGee_Jr_Astralis
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 12:23:08 am »
It feels like we've been penalized for going ranged. I play as a 2h/xbow user and see myself more in a support role than a frontline fighter. They should have left range alone or at least buff our accuracy if they're not going to buff damage.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 03:49:42 am »
+1
I'm still using the Arbalest and I have to say, I'm doing quite good.

But every now and then I see a peasant in a shirt or even naked and I shoot them in the chest and they survive it.... that is simply retarded.

Please give crossbows a tiny bit more damage so that at least naked people die from one arbalest/steel bolt shot to the chest at close range....
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.