Author Topic: Question  (Read 693 times)

Offline Mogu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Question
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:29:41 am »
What's the difference between the warbow and the longbow?
I know there's the abbrevations on the shop page but that's not really helping me
Noob question I know

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:33:37 am »
The longbows arrows fly at a flatter trajectory and they deal more damage.  But the longbow suffers from a major problem which is its rate of fire, its very very slow to shoot.  If you are relatively new to archery I would really recommend go with the warbow. 

Actually, after thinking it over even if you are not new to archery I would still go with the warbow.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:35:47 am by Formless »
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Mogu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 03:39:14 am »
Seeing at the majority of the shots involve hitting targets taking a really long walk I think the longbow might be better, considering I miss a lot of shots ._.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 03:49:17 am »
Well its pretty easy to make money now, I say try both see which one you like better.  I have an archer alt and I have every single bow from the Khergit bow up. 

For me the longbow was much too slow, by the time you draw it your target has moved on a fair bit, so you have to move the bow on top of the target where it is now.  While you are doing that the reticule is getting bigger and bigger so you don't have much time to adjust your aim over target before you have to shoot.  Shooting the longbow for me is just painful.

The warbow is much faster to shoot and I prefer it over the longbow, before the last archery nerf if you asked the same question I would have told you to go for the strong bow, but now archery does so little damage I am not sure if its worth it.  Anyway try which ever one calls to you right now, since money is easy to comeby you can always try the other one further down the line.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee