Author Topic: How do the gold and total equipment cost work?  (Read 720 times)

Offline Uxion

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How do the gold and total equipment cost work?
« on: January 13, 2012, 06:02:57 am »
I have about 3000 gold right now and my current equipment costs about 1500 gold. Does that mean when I play a match the 1500 gold is deducted from the 3000 gold or does the 3000 gold mean I can have equipment up to 3000 gold a match? I don't understand what is needed for me to use the better equipment I have during the fight.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: How do the gold and total equipment cost work?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 06:36:15 am »
numbers might be off slightly, but this is basically how it works:

every tick of gold/xp that you get there is a 4% chance for each of your unbroken items to break, costing 7% of it's base cost in upkeep.  Things can't break more than once, but if you have two of the same item they both can break (like for archer quivers).  Items that take up more than one slot have to 'pass' 2 (or 3) of those 4% chances per tick to avoid being broken, so basically the more slots something is the more likely it will break.  Oh yeah and arrows have an increased break chance, don't know what that is exactly.

I hear that the more wpf you have for a weapon the less likely it will break.  Don't know about exact numbers though.

So if you have an item that costs 100 gold, repairing it will cost 7 gold.  1000 gold, 70 gold etc.

So if your current equipment loadout costs 1500 gold, the MOST you'll pay at the end of a round (assuming everything breaks) would be 105 gold.

With the equipment you have now you should be gaining gold at a steady rate.  Being on the winning team and getting higher xp/gold multipliers per tick will allow you to maintain higher levels of gear without dipping too much in your savings.  I recommend having a backup supply of gold before you burn it all on a new piece of armor/weapon so you can absorb the unlucky repair times.

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Uxion

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 05:18:58 pm »
So really the only thing that eats into my gold reserve would be when the item breaks or when I buy something new.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 06:22:11 am »
yep
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 06:51:25 am »
This all get's confusing with looms. The base price is the old base price not the one shown after the loom. It repairs less apparently. Also WPF affects break %
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 07:55:58 am »
This all get's confusing with looms. The base price is the old base price not the one shown after the loom. It repairs less apparently. Also WPF affects break %
AND YOURE A HACKER
Ca$hville 615

Offline Gomer

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • Skill Crutcher
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gomer
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »
AND YOURE A HACKER
Rage? Because I one hit you :P Rember folks using autoblocks 4months ago means I hs more often !
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 11:37:22 pm »
When you have like a 50k reserve you can use 40k gear without actually losing money, you wont gain much either, but depends on your average multiplier really.