Author Topic: My idea on how to fix throwing spam.  (Read 795 times)

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
My idea on how to fix throwing spam.
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:08:36 am »
I think this one also falls under a bit of realism. My suggestion is to make the throwing effect your run speed like shields 1slot your fine 2slot your slow 3slot you are hella slow and 4slot sweet god why? I think this would be a good idea because really who in those days woulda carried 20 throw axes or 12 lances etc most of them would only carry in like 4 jarids etc and it was just something they could do to skirmish a bit This would cut down on how these items are spammed just like how the extra shield nerf keeps people from bringing in non realistic amounts of shields because seriously who would bring in 3 shields 2 wasn't a terrible idea 1 on your back might not be so bad but shields were heavy and so are throwing items. Throwing items are also an awkward weight as sure you sling one set on your back where are you stashing the 2nd stack the 3rd stack etc the human body only has so much space to comfortably carry shit with before it would interfer with movement. I dont care if you want to bring in 12 lances and sorta stationary chuck like a turret my big problem is these whores that take their 12 lances etc and stand roughly 1pike to 2 pike distances from you and chuck while backpedaling with impunity because you cant catch up because you must dodge so the movement lost from cocking the throwing weapon and backpedaling is almost moot. By making throwing hinder movement if you bring in multiple stacks the amount of them brought in will be brought to more manageable levels and make the items be used in a manner fitting of why they were actually used in real life.

Offline hotcobbler

• Knight
  • Renown: 33
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus or a gun? How about both son?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Featherbottom
Re: My idea on how to fix throwing spam.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 06:17:29 am »
I do somewhat agree, and I play a thrower. I think 3 stacks of pretty much anything is a bit excessive.

However, you would need to balance an ammo nerf with a buff of some kind. Damage, range, speed, falloff, etc... I'm not going to suggest which, but some compensation is needed for those with dedicated throwing builds. If you only have 4 shots, they should count.

Think about it, Roman soldiers used pilum (essentially javelins) to disable the shields of their enemies before a charge. They did this not by breaking them, but by lodging in the shield and making it too heavy and unwieldy to be useful. It turned a defense into an impediment.

If we're going for realism, we need to apply it across the spectrum, and I for one am for it. But this is not our decision :)
Damn right I drink beer sideways.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexterous_Rex

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dexterous_Rex
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 06:41:51 am »
I 100% agree with you Greziz

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:56:11 am »
O hai, let's all make new threads about how to fix throwing because /my idea is so speshul and important/! Truly, I am far too special a person to post my suggestion in one thread about throwing. God forbid, people may not pay enough attention to me!
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:16:39 pm »
I felt this idea had not even been thought of and so I wanted it to be a fresh post to get atleast some views as is I havent bothered skimming through the bigger nerf throwing discussions because they go on for a while I dont want to dig. This is the internet anyways Xant. people who get angry at caps and bad punctuation can just go fuck themselves. It is almost the same as getting mad at some one for saying something improperly or having an accent just get over your fucken self.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:26:32 pm »
I say if you wanna use 3 slots for throwing weapons , there should be a penalty.

So inteads of Axe (4) x 3 = 12 , you could get 10 axes total instead. That way , you're wasting an important slot just for a +2 axes

Going 4 instead of 16 could be 12 or 13

What do you guys think ?