Poll

Put weapons back before this patch screwed them

Change the weapons back to the way they were. Weapon speeds same, The right swing back to normal when everything was fine. Hitslash isn't an issue if you can block
88 (54.7%)
Keep it the same slow ass pathetic speed, So it lowers the amount of skill needed to play. Slower speed=Less skill? I think So
73 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Patch That ruined skill in game/weapons
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2012, 03:45:13 am »
A few people do use macro feints, Phyrex tells me Tobi uses macros which is quite obvious from his feints. I do play cRPG overall because it's a good mod and has very good overall class balance, but for melee there is no rival I have yet found to the fast and furious native duels.

Doesn't really matter though, just gotta focus a bit to block him. And macros are shit, easy way to get free kills on people using them is just to spam when you see them going for a feint combo.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Cyber

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cyber
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2012, 10:50:10 am »
Since i see so many arguing about native and cRPG skill difference, thought i write my point of view about it. Average cRPG player is more skilled then native player. Simple reason for that is that if you play cRPG you probably need to invest more time on the game for levelling up and while doing that you will become atleast a little bit better. Casual native player probably dosen't spend nearly as much time on the game as a casual cRPG player does. Also most likely when your just starting you probably play native first for atleast a bit before looking for mods. This is probably why many ppl who just visit native for a while find killing most people really easy and consider native to be less skilled.

Best players in native however are more skilled then in cRPG. Since there is no levelling system in native, even though that might cause a lot of people not to play as much, those who are deticated and have played for some time have really focused just on improving instead of grinding. Everybody has the same characters and levels, so you are never able to rely just on your level and equipment, but purely on skill. Native has also has had a lot more competetive game scene since the beginning. Many more clan fights, team and individual tournaments which once again gives the community a chance to test themselves agains't good players and a incentive to improve. In some servers there have been and i think still are daily tournaments. All the nerfs in cRPG have also made fighing considerably easier compared to native.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:31:00 pm by Cyber »

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2012, 05:32:41 pm »
Same as before, but taken down for no reason.

Weapons patch making the game easier for casual gamers instead of having them get better and more skilled

Lowering the speed of right swings changing crap in the game and watering it down. Skill based game turning into funfun easy mode for noobies. You wanna get good? Practice play thats how you get good. Not nerfing the weapon speeds and shit
i saw just few equally retarded posts i'm amused