Author Topic: Peasant Build  (Read 1437 times)

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
Peasant Build
« on: February 21, 2011, 05:24:17 am »
I basically want to make a build that only uses equips that you would start with at lvl 1 , for example scythe and rags.
I'll either be going 27 str 9 agi or 33 str 3 agi , so that I can hopefully do dmg with one of the peasant weapons and rocks.

Would the scythe do enough damage (not to thud on people with low-med armour) with 27 or 33 str or is this build not viable?

PS: scythe is the best peasant weapon right?

Offline Trael

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Artle
Re: Peasant Build
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 06:00:16 am »
duh... wrote some text, including testvalues from calculators and just at wrong moment pressed backspace resulting in it all dissabearing in pageload...

well i would guess

39/3 build (78hp)
14 convert
2 if  (with peasant clothes your going to get hurt lot, so no need to think maxing if will save you)
13 ps
1 ath
1 wm
about 114 - 116 in one wpf
still wont do all that much damage, but good start... needs quite manual block skills becouse of slow speed.

27/12 build    (74hp)
8 convert
6 if
9 ps
4 ath
4 wm
about 136-138 in one wpf
more allaround, usable with other gear when huge ammount of gold starts to annoy, "quite generic" so wont supprise all that much with huge damages or so, compared to near 40 str builds.

http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm
to get some idea of weapon damages (i myself normally use reference values of 22, 50 & 70 armor)
(22 is what can be gained from something that does really cost almost nothing to upkeep)
(50 to expensive mid - cheap high)
(70 milanese & black)
(should start using black lamellar as reference, kind of can i slay ninja with 1 hit...)

also dont forget that that wont include speed bonus, and speed bonus can be something like 50% just by running sometimes...

Offline slothscott

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: AEF_BigBird
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:16:30 am »
So it'd probably be a waste of points to invest 11 powerthrow for stones ( on the 33/3 build ) And just curious is knockdown chance affected by how much strength/ps you have?

Edit: If I was to go 39 strength what are some of the best weapons overall ( so not limited to just peasant and not barmace/iron mace)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:26:21 am by slothscott »

Offline Trael

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Artle
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:24:19 am »
So it'd probably be a waste of points to invest 11 powerthrow for stones ( on the 33/3 build ) And just curious is knockdown chance affected by how much strength/ps you have?

Oh did almost forget all lovely stones... We have been talking earlier about how at point when our whole squad gets batshit insane, we all make stone powerthrowers. Heirlooming stones 3 times and making some 39/3 build with just powerthrow. Then move in group of 3-6 breaking (hopefully) peoples shields with stones, before smashing them with our lovely blunt damagetype to ground. Definetly could consider 36/3 build with PT maxed... hmm could it do damage...

well its not like mostly any of these builds with those gears would really be fun to play for more that while... but in theory yeah... why not...

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:29:46 am »
Level 30
* Str: 30
* Agi: 9
* Converted: 8
* PStrike: 10
* PThrow: 10
* WM: 3

* Polearm: 104
* Throwing: 95

For the polearm, I would recommend the Staff, and you could use your Stones for throwing. Staff swings pretty fast and since you 10 PS, you hit pretty hard. Learn to manual block since you wear peasant clothing and you should be fine. Have fun with your lol-build.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 04:43:18 pm »
EliteDragon, i was going to give him same build :D

PT 10 lets you snipe with rocks and hurt a lot even... tincans.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:22:53 am »
EliteDragon, i was going to give him same build :D

PT 10 lets you snipe with rocks and hurt a lot even... tincans.
10 PT stone user here, tin cans shrug off rocks. Only hurts heads but for quite a bit as it is a headshot. If they have lower-tier but still high armor (transitional) you will damage them but not for much.

Stones are best against light armor users, and are the one of the best counter archer weapons. But they do alright vs other things :)

oh and scythe is not as good as pitch fork. Scythe is really slow and bad. Good luck, lowly farmer.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:13:41 am »
10 PT stone user here, tin cans shrug off rocks. Only hurts heads but for quite a bit as it is a headshot. If they have lower-tier but still high armor (transitional) you will damage them but not for much.

Stones are best against light armor users, and are the one of the best counter archer weapons. But they do alright vs other things :)

oh and scythe is not as good as pitch fork. Scythe is really slow and bad. Good luck, lowly farmer.

Yup, thats why I told him to go with Staff b/c of the knockdown bonus as well.