Author Topic: Option to disable teamwounding report text  (Read 295 times)

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Option to disable teamwounding report text
« on: January 05, 2012, 04:53:48 am »
+1
I'm not a fan of the system in the first place and I think it's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, but whatever. Personally, I don't really care about reporting someone who hits me once in a melee and I also don't care if someone reports me for hitting them. If someone's teamwounding me enough times that I'd be able to use the report system to kick them, they're probably being obvious enough for an admin to kick them anyway.

Anyway, I'm already tired of being spammed with two lines of big pink SO AND SO HAS TEAMWOUNDED YOU IF YOU THINK THIS WAS INTENTIONAL PRESS M TO REPORT THEM NOW and SO AND SO HAS REPORTED SO AND SO FOR TEAMWOUNDING INTENTIONALLY (1/5) every five seconds, it's nearly as bad as being QMLd. I'd really like an option to disable the text entirely.
FREE ALLERS

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Option to disable teamwounding report text
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:30:21 am »
Eh, it's more of a rage button anyway. Don't think I've ever seen anyone kicked because of it. My hope for it is that it makes people more aware of their teamhits, since, while most people are careful about teamhits, some people just don't seem to care.

Anyway, if it stays like it is (with people just hitting 'm' whenever they see the text) then I agree to disabling it, but I'd like to see it kept for a while longer and see how it goes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login