Author Topic: Can't enter marketplace with ''organic'' char!?  (Read 600 times)

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
Can't enter marketplace with ''organic'' char!?
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:48:41 am »
I only see an ad on the marketplace screen, waiting doesn't help. I have a STF char too, do i have to delete it first in order to get to marketplace with the 'organic' one? The 'organic' char isn't main char, its alternate, if it needs to be main char how can i change it?!?!?

Ok i think i figured this out... The STF char is my main char, and the legit one is alternate. And for some reason you cant get to marketplace with alternate, and for some reason you cant change char role (???or can you???). So i'm on stalemate here, the only way for me to ever access marketplace is to create another account, but then i get banned... Gj desinging this system devs :D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:23:47 pm by Tigero »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Can't enter marketplace with ''organic'' char!?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 01:24:41 pm »
Good job assuming stuff.

You can set a new main by deleting your old one (your STF char) and then creating a new character.
The only thing that is not possible is to set characters to main that existed when you still had another main.

This has multiple reasons but as your nonSTF alt is level 13 gen 1 it should not be too painful to reroll that after deleting your current main.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 04:01:17 pm »
''Good job assuming stuff.''

''The only thing that is not possible is to set characters to main that existed when you still had another main.''
Well that's exactly what i'm wanting to do... And could you explain me that why i can't set my other char as main after deleting the original main. After ''ASSUMING'' things, it seems pointless.

''level 13 gen 1 it should not be too painful to reroll that after deleting your current main.''
Nah, im too lazy for that low-lvl levelup process.

But thx anyway.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 04:03:32 pm by Tigero »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 12:10:36 am »
Maybe next time just ask if someone can help you :mrgreen:

At some point it was decided that there won't be any trading between alts and mains.
People could still transfer their gold and heirlooms over to other chars by trading them to a friend, then deleting their main and setting the next alt to main if the system wasn't working as it is.

From time to time this gets reconsidered but so far decided against and if there ever is a system to retrieve your heirlooms from your alts and stuff, the main/alt system will most likely stay as it is anyway because of Strategus and/or lazyness :mrgreen:

Point is, everything is working as intended and it takes about 5 seconds to fix this for you.
Normally we do not reset char roles but the above reason does not apply for you as both your chars are Gen1 and one is STF i will just reset their roles so you can select a new main.
The other one will be tagged as alt and will stay like that forever.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 10:37:40 am »
OK thanks!  :wink:

Just wondering that would it be possible to somehow 'tag' every (loomed)item on the marketplace so that you could see who is it's original 'loomer', then you could forbid the original loomer for buying it back. I'm sure that if this is possible, it wouldn't bring any big troubles with it, i mean how many people would do so without sinister things in mind. And if it does it would be a quick check on the applant's profile to see if something's going on.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:43:44 am by Tigero »