Author Topic: Best polearm??  (Read 8401 times)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
Re: Best polearm??
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 04:00:40 am »
+1
I've found the english bill to be very fun and effective--lots of pierce damage, and reach. The long spear is also an amazing weapon; surprisingly lulzy and effective in a duel. The above very much require good athletics though, in my experience, particularly the long spear.

If you're a really good manual blocker I'd go for the war spear. It's so fucking fast, and stunny, and does pierce damage with the thrust (blunt on the swings means a low chance of glancing on armor). Somebody in Chaos uses the war spear--I forget who--and I dare say watching him fuck literally everybody with that thing is orgasmic.

Bec for close range, tin can-opening madness. Good in a cluster fuck.

Hands down, the most ENJOYABLE polearm is the long maul. I just can't help but laugh hysterically on those rare occasions when I suit up in full plate and clutch with my unstoppable overhead spam. Few things in cRPG are as satisfying as beating a horse to death with a giant fucking hammer, or KOing four people in a row without pausing to even think. Shielders will flee before your crush through, and your team will love you for this.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 04:47:04 am »
I've found the english bill to be very fun and effective--lots of pierce damage, and reach. The long spear is also an amazing weapon; surprisingly lulzy and effective in a duel. The above very much require good athletics though, in my experience, particularly the long spear.

If you're a really good manual blocker I'd go for the war spear. It's so fucking fast, and stunny, and does pierce damage with the thrust (blunt on the swings means a low chance of glancing on armor). Somebody in Chaos uses the war spear--I forget who--and I dare say watching him fuck literally everybody with that thing is orgasmic.

Bec for close range, tin can-opening madness. Good in a cluster fuck.

Hands down, the most ENJOYABLE polearm is the long maul. I just can't help but laugh hysterically on those rare occasions when I suit up in full plate and clutch with my unstoppable overhead spam. Few things in cRPG are as satisfying as beating a horse to death with a giant fucking hammer, or KOing four people in a row without pausing to even think. Shielders will flee before your crush through, and your team will love you for this.

long maul with 42 str and 14 ps... even with 1 wpf it was soooooooooooooooo fun!! nothing oculd resist my ct and all the poke i landed resulted in a knockdown... sweet memories... also i LOVED the spear with my 39/3 built,,, soooo polestaggering!
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 05:46:13 am »
You're thinking of BigSandwich, as well as Hannibal (possibly), and then Beeper uses either a Spear or a War spear. ON and OFF horseback, I'm still saying that War spear, hands down.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »
long maul with 42 str and 14 ps... even with 1 wpf it was soooooooooooooooo fun!! nothing oculd resist my ct and all the poke i landed resulted in a knockdown... sweet memories... also i LOVED the spear with my 39/3 built,,, soooo polestaggering!

lol dont listen to this guy even on EU1 you will be hacked an slashed to peices before you even complete your overhead animation  :wink:
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline SoA_Sir_ODHarry

• Baron
  • Renown: 134
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ODharry
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 02:10:59 am »
dont miss the LHB just a nice weapon of mass destruction
Crob: i'm in duel tryin to not be shit
Crob: now i'm running round eu2 with a dagger

JOIN The Horde NAO
       http://steamcommunity.com/groups/F-POC

Offline AreTreble

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Aretes
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 02:57:44 am »
dont miss the LHB just a nice weapon of mass destruction
\

Yes, the long hafted blade is a great choice. Slightly shorter than the glaive, but also faster! And you can use it on horseback, in case you fall off your horse but salvage another at least you have your LHB!

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 05:17:04 am »
Id say Poleaxe, Ive been pure Poleare/cav since Gen 2 and I think the Poleaxe is deffo a great polearm good range, has blunt dam now for tincans axe is good for shielders. Gratned its not the fastest or longest polearm out there but Id say its a dammed good all rounder I have a fully lommed one and I use it 24/7

Fully loomed ones stats

weight: 3.4
difficulty: 17
speed rating: 90
weapon length: 141
thrust damage: 33 pierce
swing damage: 43 cut
slots: 2
Can't use on horseback
Bonus against Shield

Secondary Mode

Swing damage: 29 Blunt
Thrust damage: 33 pierce
speed 86
Length 141

As i said I think its one of the best all rounder polearms blunt for is good for tincans (axe end is just as good) Axe for shields, fair speed, good length, and knockdown  :wink:
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 11:11:02 am »
Although I did say poleaxe at first, German poleaxe is about as good, but looks more badass. And the long maul is utterly shite, they need to buff that thing. Now that I've gone polearms the only thing I really miss is trolling on siege with the great maul. The long maul is severly underpowered compared to the great maul.

10 less speed, 6 less blunt damage, and all that for the length of 128, which isn't that useful because it's quite hard to time it right due to the slow nature of the weapon. Oh and 1 less weight.

\

Yes, the long hafted blade is a great choice. Slightly shorter than the glaive, but also faster! And you can use it on horseback, in case you fall off your horse but salvage another at least you have your LHB!
Why the fuck is this weapon so fast? Really an inconsistency in weapon speed rating and ingame speed, together with the glaive. Pretty weak though.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:13:14 am by SgtTeeh »

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 03:16:43 pm »
lol dont listen to this guy even on EU1 you will be hacked an slashed to peices before you even complete your overhead animation  :wink:

i'm on na  :P

also i used to take a shortened spear spears as a duel wep
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 08:28:08 pm »
I like long war axe,good dmg,speed is ok,repairs cost is 600gold.
hafted blade is also nice,longer,less dmg,but faster.
great long axe i never tried it,but i saw very good players using it. I will probably loom it,i need 800k to lvl 31 and i want to use polearms in next gen.
german poleaxe is also nice,fast,nice dmg.

try some of this polearms,ans find what you like.