Author Topic: Why am i banned?  (Read 749 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Why am i banned?
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:34:10 pm »
I was just kicked and banned from the server. I would very much like to know the reason.

Fluke_DK

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why am i banned?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:35:52 pm »
Additionally, i'd like to know WHO banned me.

Fluke_DK

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »
I banned you for an hour after pollbanning Hannbial_Lecter multiple times even though he wasn't breaking the rules.

I realize that he WAS breaking the rules, but after my warning he got himself a sword and stopped CS spamming. People kept banpolling him, you did it several times. Even though at this point he had already stopped breaking the rules, because I told him to. No point in warnings if I just allow the to be banned after they comply.

I banned you for 1h, because hannibal got banned for 1h.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 01:56:34 pm »
For a more detailed description of how I saw the entire situation, it started with my seeing a ban poll for some guy. The Guard_Randulf(I think it was) did a detailed post about why he was pollbanning so I voted yes. The poll failed and Randulf was complaining that he was still exploiting, so I asked what his name was. Turned out it was some random guy called Hannibal_Lecter.

I hopped on spec to see if the accusations were true and saw that they were. So I warned him that he was breaking the rules. I played one life(had an okay killstreak iirc) then hopped back on spec to see if Hannibal was still breaking the rules and saw that he had got himself a sword and stopped spamming Construction sites. I told Hannibal that he was smart and had just avoided a ban. He was no longer breaking the rules. I wasn't using my admin chat powers because I wanted to stay anonymous, just got home from a trip.

Then people kept complaining about him so I specced him a few times and didn't see him do anything wrong and I even wrote this in chat several times. Then people started pollkicking and pollbanning him some more and they all failed. You did this atleast twice and eventually a pollban by you succeeded, by this point he had not done anything wrong after I had told him. So I banned you for an hour for repeatedly abusing the pollfunction.

EDIT: If I see Hannibal_Lecter doing this again, he'll get a ban. Don't worry about that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:11:03 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 05:27:17 pm »
ok soz about that i didnt knew about warning

Fluke_DK

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 06:23:56 pm »
ok soz about that i didnt knew about warning

Fluke_DK
You dont need to know he was warned. What you needed to know is if he was still breaking the rules or not. If you dont know what he is doing atm. Do not poll him.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login