Author Topic: Nerf repair cost back to their old percent  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: Nerf repair cost back to their old percent
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2011, 12:19:06 pm »
The speed difference is reduced by strength, if you are an agility character relying on speed then plate is very bad for swing speed and run speed. But for plate wearers who stack strength, the speed loss is unimportant since they rely more on the 1 hit kill nature of their style and hence will stand still, or backpedal.
I don't think I've ever been onehit-killed while in medium armor before... and if the speed difference is really reduces by strength (didn't know) then wouldn't it be possible to remove that? And really the speed loss is not unimportant, do you have any idea how annoying it is to chase an archer for an entire round, whenever you stop chasing him, he goes back after you, whenever you start chasing him he runs away, now, if I didn't have quite a bit of agility (I've seen a few people slower than me), this guy could actually shot me a few times before having to run, being slower also makes it harder to avoid arrows... and while the slow speed may seem unimportant than I've quite a few times had a laugh at a plated player being massacred by a group of peasants, and being to slow to even hope to get away...
Is it really necessary to make plated builds unplayable?

He mean that 36 str \ 3 agi suffer less than 15 str \ 24 agi, when they both wear Gothic plate.
Also, if you have heavy armor and less athletics, why did you chase archers? Your yeam do not have light infantry at all?

I've got another idea about NON WEAPON repair cost dependance. Connect break chance with Agility level. Less Agi - more bills, more agi - less.
Just to buff agi a little.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 12:24:27 pm by Cup1d »

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2011, 03:56:35 pm »
I agree with what Cup1d said, agi needs a buff, and perhaps a monetal one could help. I could also show you the difference in damage with different armour values, but I don't have cRPG on my PC so I cannot get the cut,pierce & blunt reduction and soak factors.

Offline Beowulf

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2011, 04:33:57 am »
Lol, you guys r going off topic.... :? Come on! Occupy cRPG lol!!! Bring the repairs down and make cRPG pretty again. :D
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.