Author Topic: bad admining  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: bad admining
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 10:49:12 pm »
This week it is complaining that polls are off.

Next week it is complaining that a group of trolls is poll banning people unfairly.

:rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »
It's not that hard to get in the IRC channel and call an admin to turn it on back again, if they forget to turn it on.

By I guess it's way easier to come on the forums and post QQ.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 12:36:21 am »
hitting 1 in mid of melee is a pain in the ass, though.

Not at all. At least on my keyboard.

You use arrow keys for movement ?

And anyway, you have 20 seconds to vote and you don't even need to do it...

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 01:58:59 am »
+1
More often then not, polls are turned back on. You mainly notice when you want to submit a poll but can't and take note because it irritates you.

As Xant said, Admins are human, but as cmpxchg8b said "Admins are human too, so mistakes can happen. We are terribly sorry for not being perfect and are working on replacing all players and admins with computers for optimal performance." Be patient, and in the mean time stop making mountains out of molehills... We have to put up with your shenanigans too...

Admins are human but turning polls back on isn't so demanding, and if it is then they shouldn't be admins at all.

If polls are off and no admins are on, just revenge teamkill, believe me, such griefers will stop at least bothering you when you do that. Oh well, that, of course, I heard from a friend, I would NEVER do such things  :mrgreen:

I'ts not revenge teamkillig or even team attacking that annoys me.   The problem is when people start revenge teamkillin and the person they are venging upon still attacks other people then there will bemore than 5 or 6 people fighting among themselves instead of taking flags or doing something useful.   When that makes you lose your multiplier it is quite annoying.

It's not that hard to get in the IRC channel and call an admin to turn it on back again, if they forget to turn it on.

By I guess it's way easier to come on the forums and post QQ.

Yes that will solve all problems. *sarcasm*     

If they just turn polls back on BEFORE leaving then there won't be this kind of a problem anymore. When you come on a server to play for half an hour or an hour just for a bit then it really is a pain when you have to spend time alt tabbing, going irs, lookin for an admin, explaining what the problem is, waiting for admin to come on server, waiting for him to solve the problem.  This can all be avoided with 1 simple thing.   Polls.  I'd rather have some ragepolls that fail, maybe take a bit of my screen,  than people teamkilling every single round, distracting teammates and in some instances being directly involved in a loss of round and being unable to do anything about it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 02:07:13 am by crojosip »

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 02:46:04 am »
What is your problem?

It's not every time it's forgotten and just because it got on your nerves all this makes me want to do is turn them off before leaving just to spite you. You've made your point that it would be nice for the admins to make a final check before they leave for the night but seriously, we do this because we want to for the community, we don't get paid, we give up our game time to make sure you're not messed around with by the few idiots out there and all we get is abuse for it.

I can't remember the quote but it went something along the lines of "Make a mistake and it'll be remembered for ever, do something right and no one will notice".

I'll leave it at that, don't get so angry about such a small issue.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 10:39:37 am »

Usually do that, but often there is noone looking at IRC, which I can understand as they might do some other stuff, too^^

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 06:02:22 pm »
I'm not angry. I'm annoyed, there's a difference.

all this makes me want to do is turn them off before leaving just to spite you.

oh yes, that would be a great move for you. It would indeed show how mature as an admin you are.

we do this because we want to for the community, we don't get paid, we give up our game time to make sure you're not messed around with by the few idiots out there and all we get is abuse for it.

I can't remember the quote but it went something along the lines of "Make a mistake and it'll be remembered for ever, do something right and no one will notice".

Maybe you do but I never see any of this.  I don't remember the last time an admin did something good while I was on a server. When I know an admin is on a server I'm just careful due to my experience with admins making bad decisions and banning wrong people.  Maybe if I see admins do something good while I'm online might change my opinion of the current administration and might make me remember the good deed. 

I'm not aiming all this at all admins, I'm sure most are great and do good work but whenever I saw an admin do some banns or kicks ( in my expereience only ) I've also seen them do loads of bad calls and when someone tells them about it then that person gets muted or banned as well.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:04:49 pm by crojosip »