Author Topic: Team damage  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
Team damage
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:40:28 pm »
Please O GREAT GOD of crpg His chadzness!

Fix 100% of all team damage issues, 100% of ragers, griefers and scummies rage polling:

PLEASE turn on Reflect Team Damage 100%

Its a toggle away for any of the admins. Its a good idea, and it will do SO MUCH good for this game. PLEASE PLEASE.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
Re: Team damage
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 03:09:58 pm »
Put reflexive damage on and every time you fight an enemy people will jump in your swings spamming to get the kill not giving a fuck if they get you killed. This already happens a lot now when the jumper risks getting damaged/tked, imagine how it would be with reflexive damage...

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 03:12:24 pm »
Put reflexive damage on and every time you fight an enemy people will jump in your swings spamming to get the kill not giving a fuck if they get you killed. This already happens a lot now when the jumper risks getting damaged/tked, imagine how it would be with reflexive damage...

Good. I dont jump into teamfights, I stand back and wait with a stab or overhead, then step in and kill. If someone spamms and hits teammate, THEY DIE. So, less spammers, less crazyness in teamfights, good. not bad.

Honestly, the only people who DONT want this are teamhitters. If you cannot press rightmouse when u see an friend, you should not be playing anyway.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:14:02 pm by Grey »

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:14:33 pm »
Good. I dont fight in teamfights, I'm a ninja

Fixed it for you.

Such a thing just gives trolls a way to grief people, makes noobs jumping into melee where they shouldn't cause people to die, and empowers the armoured spammer who goes into a clusterfuck.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:19:39 pm by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 03:14:54 pm »
Good. I dont jump into teamfights, I stand back and wait with a stab or overhead, then step in and kill. If someone spamms and hits teammate, THEY DIE. So, less spammers, less crazyness in teamfights, good. not bad.

I was talking about teammates jumping in front of you to get the kill -> you hit them and killyourself -> they don't give a fuck. This happens now and with reflexive damage it would happen a hell lot more.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 03:26:31 pm »
I was talking about teammates jumping in front of you to get the kill -> you hit them and killyourself -> they don't give a fuck. This happens now and with reflexive damage it would happen a hell lot more.

No, still only teamhitters complaining. Honestly, if you think this happens a lot, TRY LOOKING BEHIND YOU, people are only trying to get past you because you think your a hero maybe, and are trying to block them. Ive NEVER had anyone jump in front of me trying to get a kill, but then that could be because I have battlefield awareness, I look for my teammates, and try to help them, not hinder them.

And Bruce, har har, but we both know thats not true, if theres a safe way to help a teammate I will, but I wont:

Jump into a fight randomly to get teamslashed

Try to killsteal

Go into a 4v1. They have 4 already, they dont need a 5th.

Truly, HONESTLY, I can see NO negatives to this system if players are careful. Players right now are NOT careful, since the worst that can happen when they teamkill is they must say "SRY", and most dont even do this. I want a system that MAKES them take care. I dont often shoot teammates, and I VERY VERY RARELY hit them in melee. its not hard, it just means that sometimes I have to quickly hit RightMouse to hold my attack when a teammate steps in. Also, I have high athletics on most of my chars: AT LEAST onc a day I am teamkilled by the stupid guy who swings his weapons in spawn, because I run past as he decides to start swinging: Is this my faul too Punisher? NO, Its NOT.

Im fucking tired of teamkillers, the majority of them teamkill because its less effort to them than to pay attention. They should be punished by death. All of them. I am willing to suffer this punishment when I make a mistake, WHY arent you? Worried it is going to cramp your style? PLEASE dont confuse what is best for the game with what is best for YOU.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 03:38:52 pm »
PLEASE dont confuse what is best for the game with what is best for YOU.

The pot calls the kettle black, Grey.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 04:30:09 pm »
The pot calls the kettle black, Grey.

I dont see that I personally gain any advantage from this, seeing as how most of the time Im in crpg Im on my main, who is an archer.

If anything, archers will get the WORST of this.

So, good troll, but fail.

On a side note, who still has black pots and kettles??!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:32:03 pm by Grey »

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 07:38:27 pm »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2246.0.html  please read this to the end, not the first post, we are coming up with many ways here. and trolls will just jump in front of your swings so you would kill yourself.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 02:37:57 am »
No, reflective FF is gay.  It makes the game so boring and retarded.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 04:18:49 am »
NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Stormcrow

• Knight
  • Renown: 61
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
  • The spirit is willing, but the body is weak
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stormcrow, Ragnarok
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 04:32:10 am »
maybe make team cost gold and xp. so for example if you  cause 10 hits of teamdamage it might cost 20gold(x2) and 100xp(x10)
Gen 19 lvl34 archer

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 05:46:22 am »
Does not have to be reflective damage(allthought i would rather see reflective team-damage then the current system of crazy tk spammers). Perhaps just a slight stun if you teamhit, like getting kicked(ofcourse the victim of the teamhit would receive no stun whatsoever).

Also it would have to apply to any form of attacks, kicks and punches included. The kick...the griefers best friend, if I play actively a day, atleast 5 times I will encounter a ftard running upto you and kicking you for no reason, and 4/5 times if you just raise your weapon at them afterwards they will attack you first.

Also I will get TKed atleast 2 times on every map by careless AND unnecessary sideswings.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 07:01:53 am »
Those "careless and unnecessary" side swings bring a thing to my mind: when you see a lot of teammates ganging up on fewer enemies, do not engage, find another target. A lot of times when i was on my 2Her, i was trying to block and slash some people, but every now and then some idiot just ran in trying to "help me" and gets slashed in the process.

This idea is bullshit, it would not help at all, it would be easy to get rid of the best players from opposing team to make ur clanmembers on other team win and such, it could be used for griefing also.

And peope ARE jumping in ur hits/arrows/anything. When i was still 2Her, i learned to watch more carefully and not swing when there is slight chance i could hit teammate, but still, there is 100+1 situations where you cannot prevent it. For example: You and your mate fighting one guy, you are on opposite sides of him and you both want to slash, the guy is shot in between and your swing goes thru his body to ur teammate.  Or, ur shooting on a horse, but out of nowhere friendly cav comes galloping getting your shot instead, especially if you try to kill for long distance, with the slow arrows its quite easy now actually...

Just my two cents, reflective dmg wont do any good (i am no usual teamhitter, but accidents happen...)