« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 03:03:39 pm by Kulin_ban »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Halfswording to use 2h wpf possible with WSE?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 06:28:47 pm »
Might make that mode a little more viable. As it is now I really don't see any reason to use it as you're generally only going to have 2h wpf or polearm wpf.
And how!

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:00:39 pm »
Can be changed easily without WSE. It's a balance issue.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:07:41 pm »
But polearms and onehanders can have a secondary mode?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 05:45:00 am »
But polearms and onehanders can have a secondary mode?
What do you mean? You still have the secondary mode, it's just that it uses another type of wpf. Same as throwing in melee mode, military sickle/fighting axe/langes messer in 2h mode...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 08:48:51 am »

Which makes the cool feature totally unusable. How about giving two handed swords a secondary mode where only the stab is replaced with the polearm stab? Or perhaps a mode where the whole sword is flipped and you're striking with the hilt part of the weapon. Should be easy to do. Currently the halfswording is totally useless (apart for the cool poses of course) and you can count yourself lucky if you see even one person fighting with it in one day.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 11:38:54 am by Largg »

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 10:58:19 am »
Half-swording is quite useful in close quarters where you cannot otherwise swing your weapon properly.

And doesn't it also make cav rear like other polearms ?

I readily admit I hardly use it on my 2h main, however.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 11:03:06 am »
I have a 2h/polearm build for halfswording and I love it. Halfswording might change significantly in the future and I thought at first that we might change it to 2h skill then. However now I think again that the 2h/pole dualism is a good thing, encouraging a broader wpf distribution instead of single stacking.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 03:20:51 pm »
What you said makes sense if you want to encourage wfp distribution amongst 2hers only.

Polearmers still use single stacking now that you've added secondary mode for some of them too.
How the fuck can you compare those two?!?!? The poleaxe secondary mode is just switching damage type and speed, halfswording is changing all the animations for your weapon! Just, HOW do you think those two are equal? The half swording is a much better secondary function than what the "change damage type, but less total damage" that the 1h and pole secondary functions have. Or did I miss something and the 1h/poles get 2h animations when they go secondary mode?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 04:40:09 pm »
I dont mind halfswording being polearm wpf.
What really annoys me is that 2hs with 1h mode are so overnerfed if you compare them to 1hs using 2h mode.
I can understand that bastardswords, longswords or morningstar shouldnt be equal in 1h-mode then pure 1hs
but i dont like that they are nerfed so hard that you cant really use them at all in this mode.

I would love to see the 2hs using 1h reworked to be an alternative to Langes Messer.
Langes Messer should do better as 1h but good as 2h and so should it be for those 2hs but vice versa.

For example bastard sword 1h could be around 26-30 damage but with 96-97 speed instead of what you get now in 1h mode.
30% nerf on everything makes those weapon really really bad.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 04:55:27 pm »
Jarlek :
half swording got polearm stab animation (which btw according to you are wayyyy inferior to uberop2hlolstab) and wayyy less cut damage + no overhead. whats your problem?

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 08:28:51 pm »
Also, can someone explain to me how to have, for example, an effective 2h / thrower hybrid AND still get points for halfswording?

The same way you can do an archer/crossbowman/polearmer hybrid.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 09:43:34 am »
+1
I have problems comparing the flip mode of some 1h and polearms with halfswording. The flip mode only offers a comparably weak alternative to the main mode, while using the same animations. It doesn't change much.

On the other hand halfswording in its planned form changes the animations and allows it to be used in cramped space. It is a completely different fighting style. Furthermore 2h swords are already very powerful with their main mode alone. So unless you want a big nerf for their main mode, halfswording stays polearm.

I would compare halfswording more to the 1h/2h hybrid weapons. I have a char with mixed 1h/2h wpf for that, pretty funny.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:47:24 am by Paul »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47:26 pm »
While, what you say, makes some sense, reality is that nobody(literally) is using the halfswording, and everyone is flipping those poles and one handers.

I just hope devs can overhaul the current system because it does not appeal to many.
Then you are an idiot. I have a 1h/2h hybrid, mainly 2h wpf, and whenever I am fighting in small spaces with my really short (compared to other 2h) bastard sword I ALWAYS change to halfsword mode. It just works really well and I can just spam people while they get stuck on everything. Just because people don't USE it doesn't mean it isn't a good option. Just try it out before you complain.