Author Topic: A balanced sistem of xp reward per kill  (Read 767 times)

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
A balanced sistem of xp reward per kill
« on: December 13, 2011, 01:46:34 pm »
I was thinking about the always oppugned system by chadz, the reward per kill
The problem is that basically it would lead to more teamkills and kill farming etc
What's basically the idea that came to my mind:

while obviously keeping the xp/min sistem add a "(team)kill counter", the counter starts at 0 and can never go upper, and after you've done a kill it should grant in game 1/3 of your current tic exp(333 on x1, 666 on x2,up to 1665 on x5)if it's at 0
after "achieving" a teamkill the counter gets a -15(or even higher, should be decided by chadz)and you have to get 15 normal kills before being able to gain the kill xp bonus again
obviously other teamkills decrease the couter further and you have to get to 0 before being able to get the bonus again

why this system?
becouse for the nature of the sistem it would prevent teamkills way more than as the game is now, and could award a little xp as a motivator/little bonus while not unbalancing the game

basically that would mean(let's do some examples)
that a player doing 1 teamkill every 30 kills would benefit only from 50% of the bonus, and player doing 1 teamkill every 20 kills would benefit only for the 25% of the bonus(and 0% to those with an average of 1 teamkills every 15 kills, that's quite often)

also the bonus is really low: let's assume a player does 3 kills every round(so it's about 21 kills per map, basically on the top area of the scoreboard)
that would mean it would get an average of(let's assume a 3 minute, 3 ticks round)
1000exp compared to 3000 tick based exp, a bonus of 33% over the basic value
2000exp compared to 6000 tick exp(on x2 an so on), still a 33% over the basic value
that ASSUMING he never teamkills, since a teamkill every 30 kills(that would halves the bonus)is more than common, and would totally disencourage kill hungry players

tl;dr
:  a tick based sistem that gives a very little bonus to players that care not to teamkills, and doesn't give anything to people that do a teamkill every 15 kills on average

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: A balanced sistem of xp reward per kill
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 01:57:22 pm »
Remember - chadz do not like buffs, chadz prefer nerfing.

He can anwer something like this - you'll receive 50% exp malus if you have negative or even k\d at map. And you'll receive full exp with positive k\d.

Do you really want him do this?

Offline Maximus101

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merciless
  • Game nicks: Merciless_Takeolan
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:53:11 pm »
+1
Shit happens. I don't like this. Most of all team kills are either due to retarded hit boxes or auto release at the end of a round. Accidents.This way is stupid.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:56:50 pm »
The system we have now is superior to the glorying that this system would introduce.

I vote no on prop poopmapants!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 12:14:53 am »
+1
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:28:32 am by Lichen »

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 02:44:25 pm »
+2
It wouldn't prevent teamkills, it would make them happen more. More aggressively going after kills = more teamkills. Almost every teamkill I see is due to people jumping on a kill trying to get the last hit in, even with a system that gives no rewards for getting kills. It would also end up with people getting mad about "killsteals" rather than actually working together on taking out an enemy. I play support, and often lose a kill that I did most of the damage on because an ally finished them. With the current system, that doesn't bother me in the least, since as long as the team wins, I still get the bonus. Hell, some of my favorite moments have been teaming up with someone and steamrolling over the other team, even though they usually get the finishing blows.

There's already enough rage in c-rpg, let's not add more.  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login