Author Topic: Make strategus movement and actions faster, and add a message system.  (Read 931 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
"Speed"

* There is too few serious battles going on.
* It takes long planning to run around trading.
* It doesn't feel like your actions matter, I want immediate results!

Make movement faster, make us DO something in stead of travelling long distances for hours, checking now and then, travelling back etc.

Of course it would perhaps require more people to be on more often in stead of checking twice a day, but it would be more rewarding for people actually investing time in it. I can see it could be possible even for 1 person to create an army if he was active enough. Of course, raids etc would be much more

Anyway Strat as it is now wouldn't take any damage if it was given some amphetamine..

When I look at the battle page now it's only small irrelevant battles. No big or important ones. IMO these battles should be either A: Automanaged or B: Take place in a server for small battles. They take only 10 minutes or less.

Server   Type   When   Attacker   Defender
NA   Battle   Thu, 05:04    Hate    Snowhawk Clan
EU   Battle   Thu, 07:00    No Faction    No Faction
NA   Battle   Thu, 11:29    ATS    JOKER
EU   Battle   Thu, 17:09    qqq    RuConquista
EU   Battle   Thu, 17:48    22nd    DeBitre
EU   Battle   Thu, 18:10    StormCloaks    No Faction
EU   Siege   Thu, 19:29    Brothers In Arms    No Faction
NA   Battle   Thu, 20:01    ATS    No Faction
EU   Battle   Thu, 20:33    No Faction    No Faction
EU   Battle   Thu, 22:23    RuConquista    Brothers In Arms
0   Battle   Fri, 02:50    Knights Hospitaller    Great_Khans
0   Battle   Fri, 08:00    ATS    No Faction

The simplest solution to this is a mere increase of map movement speed Perhaps the curve should just be changed, so that the little ants that work and do, move very fast, but the big armies are as slow as they are now to allow for some advanced warning and spy business..

Simple info system

Also, a better way to communicate between players and also from strat to players is needed.

I imagine a simple messaging system where the leader(s) of clans can put a message of the day that pops up on top of this forum page or on your profile, or BOTH.  Just a box on top of the screen displaying basic information like:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Orders from your leaders: Khorin - Stay put, but change production from katanas to lamellar vests
Actions: Action completeted - Entered Praven
News: You have been attacked by Gnjus! Battle is scheduled to mon.5th of dec 14.30 (10 hours and 5 min left)
Battles: You have been accepted to HRE vs Hospitallier in 30 minutes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to get this information today, I would first have to check our Ninja forums, then go to the strat map and check wazzup, then check the battle page. That's at least.. let me count: about 11 mouse clicks and would take 3-4 minutes or so..

This simple messaging system would seriously make it much easier for players to communicate, and clans to lead their armies..
Oh and chadzius.. I suspect the msg system could be so easy to make that you could even ASK someone else to do it.. xD
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:11:22 am by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Re: Make strategus movement and actions faster, and add a message system.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 04:24:57 am »
I would rather have a log of goods traded/ equip traded or who gave me what and when.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 04:59:17 am »
theres no either or here.. if you have ideas for what info could be displayed come with it!

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:37:37 am »
We DEFINITELY need some sort of message system. Could include messages like (Your ally ___ is being attacked! Sign up for his battle!)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:03:19 am »
+5
Currently, aside from the map changes that chadz recently stated, the biggest thing I would like to see, is for mercs in battles to somehow get their true character names masked. Maybe you can join a strat battle with any character but it will always have the stats of your main. This would allow for quite a bit more action in strat. Currently people aren't signing up for a lot of battles for diplomatic reasons. If you can't see who is who during the battle or on the c-rpg battles page, there's no reason strat battles shouldn't have a surplus of players signing up to merc.

Edit: For example, were dfc still around, we'd likely be having lots of battles using our own name rather than our employer's to bandit an enemies(though publicly they'd be neutral) territory. This way, without declaring war, they can still sack resources from their enemies. It was an issue in strat 2.0, trying to get enough mercs to sign up for your battle, regardless of how many friends or allies you may have. Mercing against someone is often taken as a reason enough for war so most clans don't allow their members to merc with/against certain factions.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:11:37 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 06:44:28 am »
+2
Yep we want....

(click to show/hide)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 09:48:39 am »
I like Tydeus' idea but it is kind of abusable like signing up for the enemy side to fill up the roster and don't appear to battle or even tk/waste tickets during battle in favour of your own side.

And add a message/log system please!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:49:42 am by dodnet »
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:30:00 am »
In any case you should not be able to sign against your own faction (you should not have the option).
But can be abusable by your allies too, so it could be possible if we have a diplomacy system.
This system should not be limited but should exist to avoid exploit (can also be usefull to discourage big alliance)