Author Topic: finall sillution to all range spazz forever!1  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1112
  • Infamy: 1107
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: finall sillution to all range spazz forever!1
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »
Also, if you have a shield you can't block instantly as you can without a shield. This means if you spot that he's hiltslashing between the hits, you wont have enough time to put the shield up again.

TL;DR Buff shields.

Yes you can block instantly if you have high shield skill and are using fast shield. I guess you're using some big ass slow shield...

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 02:56:28 pm »
Yes you can block instantly if you have high shield skill and are using fast shield. I guess you're using some big ass slow shield...
Only with 100 speed shields. They exist, but are in a minority. If a 2hander was whining about the speed of the 1handers, it would be the same for me to claim that you are wrong and all 2handers are faster than 1handers, even though it's just the bastard swords, the 2h mace, Longsword and the Katana. Yes, there are some shields who can block "instantly". No, most of them can NOT do that.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 03:15:15 pm »
Never had a problem with hiltslashes, as 2h or 1h.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2723
  • Infamy: 2311
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 03:25:50 pm »
Only with 100 speed shields. They exist, but are in a minority. If a 2hander was whining about the speed of the 1handers, it would be the same for me to claim that you are wrong and all 2handers are faster than 1handers, even though it's just the bastard swords, the 2h mace, Longsword and the Katana. Yes, there are some shields who can block "instantly". No, most of them can NOT do that.

Smart shielders put their shield on their back and spam the shit out of said hiltslasher :wink:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 03:29:58 pm »
Hiltslashers can't be spammed. It's not a proper hiltslash if you can spam them.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 03:52:14 pm »
Never had a problem with hiltslashes, as 2h or 1h.
I don't have a problem in that they can kill me. I almost never die to them. It's that they can get in a hit or two if their lucky by just spamming that really annoys me. Cause that's what hiltslashing really is. Spamming. If they can dodge me or run around so my hit glance or something and they can do a double attack, that's fine I accept them as outmanouvering me. But when they can just do a silly two-hit out of nowhere that just says "fuck-you!" to the normal attack-block-attack rythm, it makes me mad.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia