Author Topic: 'Helms Deep' Castle on siege. No can do  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
Re: 'Helms Deep' Castle on siege. No can do
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 06:03:45 pm »
I dont have problems to get in i have problems because i have to run and run and run if i died.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 06:38:02 pm »
This map is the only map whos not bad, because you have to use teamplay to win. However there is no teamplay in cRPG.

If just 50% of attackers attacked the chokepoint at once, defenders wouldent stand a chance, assuming they had as little teamplay as the faulty attackers would have had not doing this. Time after time ive rushed inn there alone versus 20 defenders, whilst 30 attackers stand and watch on the outside, im here sacrificing myself for attackers to gain a momentum, will they take it? No..maybe one or two brave souls, but versus 20 all focused on them its not gonna do much.

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 07:38:47 pm »
The Helm's Deep map is too large. The standard balancing mechanism for siege, a defended position but with fewer active combatants, no longer functions when the average respawning attacker takes longer than the average respawning defender to resume fighting.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 07:41:11 pm »
The Helm's Deep map is too large. The standard balancing mechanism for siege, a defended position but with fewer active combatants, no longer functions when the average respawning attacker takes longer than the average respawning defender to resume fighting.

Stop making sense.

But an idea is to include more ladders to the walls for faster access for the attackers.

I really like the map and would like to keep it, if possible
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:36 pm »
So where exactly are these ways in? I know of 2 ways to get to the flag:
1:
(click to show/hide)
2:
(click to show/hide)

And to go through 2 you first need to go through 1 and open the gate, which is pointless since once you're through 1 you'll just head straight to the flag.

So unless there's some hidden passage that I don't know about, there's only 1 way of getting in....Either change this map or remove it from rotation imo.

Offline Seprest

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2011, 11:12:47 am »
If the attackers are skilled enough to get EVERYONE to attack correctly, then you should assume that the defenders could be just as good.  When it takes the attackers so much more teamplay to get a chance at winning in this map, it is inbalanced.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 04:07:53 pm »
First off, please use this subforum when discussing map balance, since its where all the mappers visit: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,24.0.html

I didn't see this thread till today.  And I know I speak for everyone when I say we could use some feedback.

Secondly, I already sent a revised version to Airith, let me know what you think of it once you've gotten a chance to play.  The problem with the old version was the outer walls were too easy to take, and the inner keep was almost impossible to get in.  I've made some pretty extensive revisions regarding places

Also, if you know of alternate ways into the keep area, let me know, because there are supposed to only be 2 :P  I suppose you could use ladders to get around, but that will take so long that it isn't really viable in most cases.  But let me know about these "secret passages" please :P
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Ache

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 04:16:01 pm »
1. Put atk spawnpoint closer to the flag so you dont have to run for about 2 minutes until you "could" reach the flag.
2. It is possible to put a siege ladder from the main gatehouse at the right side to the innerkeep.

Offline Bear

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Baron_Bear
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2011, 04:26:29 pm »
This map is perfectly fine ^^ also ppl seem to forget the thousand of ladders stuff ;)

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 06:58:14 pm »
1. Put atk spawnpoint closer to the flag so you dont have to run for about 2 minutes until you "could" reach the flag.
2. It is possible to put a siege ladder from the main gatehouse at the right side to the innerkeep.
Quote from: me
First off, please use this subforum when discussing map balance, since its where all the mappers visit: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,24.0.html
Please, people...it will make life much easier for us mappers and you can give feedback on all the maps.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice

Offline Ache

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 07:40:48 pm »
Just transfer it to the other forum please. ^^