Author Topic: A amazing way to cut down TK's, never thought of by anyone!  (Read 2058 times)

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A amazing way to cut down TK's, never thought of by anyone!
« on: February 18, 2011, 02:17:48 am »
Please read the last post made before posting, this one does not count anymore.

I havent played this game in months, but today, i saw how many trolls there are! In world of tanks 1 out of every 200 is a troll, or tk'er. I will tell you why. First of all in that game people get bonuses when killing and winning, witch motivates people to work toghetor and try to win, instead of sitting in corners and holding up rounds. So, give the people a bonus for kills and a bonus for winning, and make tk'ers and team hitters pay 100 money every hit they take on a friendly, remove their multiplier and lower earning of xp and money. That will make people not want to hit teammates at all! there will be more coaporation if you give a bonus for the winning team and for people who kill. That is the perfect balance! noone will want to tk or team hit with these penalties, announce then the first week with large bold blue letters saying the penalties, make it stay longer than regular text. Also, in the wot game, there are no admins at all, and noone ever, ever does team hits on purpose. There are no vote-bans for people, instead if someone is hiding, they can capture enemy spawn point, make capture slow. I mean it was right under our noses! This is so simple! and if they see someone doing something bad, they just post a screenshot on the forum, and they are either temporary ban, or permenant. So that is how a game without any admins, vote bans, or anything like that has 100 times less trolls, and team hitters. I hope you consider this. Also, if there is a team hitter, everyone teams up on him, even the enemies help out! that is how good the coaporation in that game is! This is one of the reasons i stopped playing for a while. ( my laptop broke for couple weeks to) I really hope you consider this. Also, since there are'nt tons and tons of admins, there is no power abuse, no abuse, no tk'ers, no going mad with polls = peacfull, honest, fun, and interesting playing. If you dont want to say something cunstructive about this, then dont say it at all. If you have comments please tell me.

I have done some of this before, that i do not deny, and i sincerely apologize for it.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:45:19 pm by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline Mover76

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • The freedoms you give away will never be returned
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Phoenix Company
  • Game nicks: Spit_Crush / Tuffel_Stiltskin
You can not give an additional bonus for kills as this will unbalance the game to favor either higher gen or more skilled players. However some penalty for team wounding or killing is a good idea, I would like to see some incentive for cooperative and careful play. As I am sure I am not alone in my aggravation at getting cut down from behind by a teammate, or shot by a friendly while engaged in melee. I wish you luck with the implementation of it though, TK's and wounds are hardly a recent addition to game play and nothing of this sort has ever been done.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
You can not give an additional bonus for kills as this will unbalance the game to favor either higher gen or more skilled players. However some penalty for team wounding or killing is a good idea, I would like to see some incentive for cooperative and careful play. As I am sure I am not alone in my aggravation at getting cut down from behind by a teammate, or shot by a friendly while engaged in melee. I wish you luck with the implementation of it though, TK's and wounds are hardly a recent addition to game play and nothing of this sort has ever been done.

Yes you are correct, one detail i overlooked is, they automaticaly put newer people on servers with new people, so it was pretty much equal, but here it is not possible. But on the other hand bonuses can still be, so people will strive to kill someone and help their team.

Also, you can add a option for cencorship, for people who do not want to see curses all day.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:53:10 am by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
TK punishment, yep, that would be nice.
But there is no lack of reward for winning. 50 gold or 100 big difference, even more with x5. To be fair going up to x5 from x1 is very luck dependant and could be flattened (win once -> go up to x3, win twice -> x4, win again -> stays at x4 ...) to give more direct results. But reward for killing would only make problems worse. Leechers gonna leech anyway, but more people will hide and make their team loose because they can kill the first of the remaining enemies that enter their hiding place, or tk allies so they can get a finishing blow in.

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
What the OP doesn't say is that it is way way way easier to TK accidentally in cRPG than in WOT.
It's like saying look at chess there is no TK in chess we should be more like the chess community.

Also the battle in WOT are based on a matching system by tank level, contrary to cRPG where everybody play together. That's why the reward system in WOT works and is balanced.

I'm not against increasing penalty for TK though.

PS: I've been TK INTENTIONALLY at beginning of round just as much in cRPG and WOT

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I have another simple, yet brilliant idea, make 75% of damage reflect back to you, and you only damage enemy with 15% damage and the 10% is nothing.

Offline Mover76

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I have another simple, yet brilliant idea, make 75% of damage reflect back to you, and you only damage enemy with 15% damage and the 10% is nothing.

Genius, I REALLY like reflective damage idea the exact #'s could be worked out fairly easily.

Offline Mouse

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS
  • Game nicks: Mouse, Nezumi, Maus
Reflective damage has been tried on and off by many servers and has generally been more trouble than it's worth. Trolls will troll no matter what. If you turn reflective on they'll just get in your face and jump into your swings or arrows. This kind of behavior takes even longer to get noticed by admins too. If you turn team damage off completely everyone gets "street sweeper" weapons like the glaive, flamburger and GLB9000 and just spams them while ranged characters fire with oblivion into the fray from afar.

Prudent admins using kicks and bans are a much better solution for keeping players in line. Accidents happen, but if you are getting TK'd and team hit a lot, it is probably because you are crowding your team mates. There is no bonus for getting killing blows or having a high K:D, so just back off a bit.

Offline Mover76

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Yes I would have to agree about the Trolls being themselves. And to be frank, I don't get TK'ed very often in large part because I have adjusted my play style to take into account kill greed. However if you believe that the Admins system we have now is the best solution you are obviously friends with them. Which is not to say they are all bad all the time, I've never been kicked or even warned, but i play with moderate skill and the overall objective of the game in mind. Wind I will have to side with mouse for 2 reasons

1) Adjusting you're play will be infinitely easier than changes in the game no matter how good of an idea they are.

2) The thing about Trolls is that they will find a way to abuse whatever system is in place, it is quite "literately" the reason they play at all  :(

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Oh well, at least i tried. Yeah, trolls will find a way. Unless...... there is a damage calculator that counts the amount of damage that you do to friendly's  when its exsesive, say 650 in 1 day, the player gets a temporary ban. If it is over 900 its a longer ban, if its 1,000 its a perma-ban. That will not interfier and people who accidentaly team hit, will never meet 650 damage on their team, also it doesnt have to be 650, it can even be lower, but do not tell anyone what it is, or when its in place, trolls will be more careful when it is in place. Now will you get with me?

It is pretty easy, there is a calculator for how much damage you do already in all, then why not limit the calculator to only team mates. Brilliant idea, is'nt it?

Also if you do not think it is good, i will keep trying to find something, to stop these trolls! I will stop at nothing!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 03:48:57 am by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline ORiainRex

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free-Lance Sexy Killing Machine
I used to play as an archer before I retired, and let me just say that, for the majority of the community, nobody is trying to FF at you.  25% of the time I accidentally shot a team mate it was just a bad shot, a sudden movement, or a clever enemy dodge that made my shot veer into an unintentional target.  The other 75% of the time was some noob who doesn't realize that he's walking into the path of my shot cause he's not paying attention to anything around him.  If you walk in front of a line of friendly archers, all of whom have their view zoomed in for targeting, they're not going to notice you until it's too late.  I really don't think I should have my damage reflected back at me because he's an idiot. I can't speak for everyone, and yes there are those who are intentionally careless with their fire, but when I fire into melee, I try my best to make damn sure I know where my arrow is going or I don't fire at all.  I agree that vigilant admins are really the only effective means for controlling those who are overly reckless with their shots.

Edit: Some format of the daily max friendly damage calculator might work as well at first thought.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:11:02 am by ORiainRex »

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
How about, for archers, raise the bar. Their shots make alot of team hits.

Ok so far all the ideas put toghetor looks like this-

1. penalty for tk'ing  (out)    X
2. Reflevtive damage  (out)  X
3. Friendly damage calculator- Current idea.

You know, the calculator seems like the greatest one of all. It seems, the most reasonable, fair and possible one.

Penalty for tk's might do something bad for accidental tk's

Reflective damage will distract all the people and trolls will get in your face

The calculator, is fullproof, noone in 1 day will ever do 500 damage to friendly, unless they take  10 or 15 hits on them, witch will give a short ban. Then if someone does 700 it will give a longer ban. and 1,000 is a perma-ban, i mean, what could be possibly wrong with that? It will limit spammers, it will limit careless attacks, and more!

Please, if this will not work, I will think of something else, I will stop at nothing! Trolls shall cease to exist!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:27:57 am by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
Re: Intuitive way to cut down Tk'ers. Admins please read! and chadz to.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 05:49:30 am »
I have not played Calvary before, so excuse me if im wrong.  But wouldn't couching do a massive amount of damage?  Accidentally couching teammates would be a high team damage number right away.  They also commonly run over teammates at the start of the round.  Wouldn't this amount to a ton of team damage in comparrison to an infantry or archer?  I would imagine that infantry would be capable of the least unintentional team damage since Archer headshots or Calvary couches would do much more damage. 

It would be conceivable to hit 1,000 damage unintentionally in 1 day as a newer Archer or Calvalry player.  If they spend a lot of time playing, and kill 4 teammates per hour, that would be something like 1.3 TKs a map if each map takes 20 minutes.  Lets say each teammate has about 50 hitpoints.  It would take 5 hours of play to hit 1,000 team damage, and much less if you take into consideration how many teammates they dont kill and just damage, which happens all the time. 

So what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't go about saying that noone would "ever" do 500 damage to friendlies in one day much less 1,000.  In fact, I bet it happens quite often with new players.  And I wouldn't want to discourage new players to the game.  A good way to come up with reasonable numbers would be to run a query of the average team damage per day or per map.  An actual admin would have to do that.

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 06:29:18 am »
i wasnt saying these numbers, i was giving random numbers as a example, but the calculator could very well increase the ranks for couching damage or archery. All doesnt have to be the same, in fact, the game shows a picture of what you were killed by so it can be used for calculating damage caps for 1 day, it doesnt even have to be 1 day, it can be more, it can be less, we need more people to calculate this better, lets just say this

Calculator-

X number of friendly damage is cap, and exeeding cap will ban for 1 day
Y number of friendly damage is couching cap, and exeeding cap will ban for 1 day
C number of friendly damage is archery cap, and exeeding cap will ban for 1 day

X number of friendly damage is the higher cap, and exeeding is a "Z" day ban
Y number of friendly damage is the higher cap for couching, and exeeding is a "Z" day ban
C number of friendly damage is the higher archery cap, and exeeding is a "Z" day ban

X is the highest number of friendly damage, and exeeding is a perma-ban
Y is the highest amount of friendly damage for couching and exeeding is a perma-ban
C is the highest amount of friendly archery damage and exeeding is a perma-ban
(by damage, i mean friendly)

Just different calculations for different types of friendly kills. it does not have to be the numbers i made the first time

Still stopping at nothing, gonna get rid of trolls, 1 way or the other, or the other, or the other, or the other.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:41:34 pm by The_Newer_Wind »

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 07:28:52 pm »
Come on, do you agree with this? do you disagree with this?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 09:45:39 pm by The_Newer_Wind »