Author Topic: Agi thrower - is it viable?  (Read 962 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Agi thrower - is it viable?
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:19:58 pm »
I want to ask you, if this build + some throwing daggers and some 2h (German Greatsword) will be viable:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Hit points: 53
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 3
Shield: 0
Athletics: 7
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 6
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 91
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 150

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Agi thrower - is it viable?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:18 am »
It will be pretty good, but throwing changes are in the work. I think your build might be the more viable throwing hybrids in the future. Currently throwing hybrids need ultra high strength and don't need wpf.
One change -- Don't gimp your power strike.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 09:15:12 am »
You have no shield and no IF, so you are going to die a fair bit with this build,  but at least you are going to be able to run away from most people.  Your power strike is only 3 so you are going to bounce off med to high armour.   

I hope that you are very good at blocking otherwise you might become overly frustrated using this build.  But your throwing is going to be nice and accurate, if you keep your distance and run away when the tide is against you, you should do okay.

“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 12:07:44 pm »
A few words of advice:

- Get at least max PS.
- Use regular darts or wardarts (piercing damage, with daggers you won't hurt anyone in armour unless you make headshots)
- Don't bring a melee weapon. With 7 athletics you can avoid most fights simply by running and as soon as you deplete 1 stack of throwing weapons you can pick up any weapon you find on the battlefield. Usually there's plenty of greatswords.
- Prepare to dodge a lot. Best would be to avoid the initial barrage of projectiles and start throwing darts afterwards.
- Take about 100-120 wpf in throwing. You really don't need more than that. It's better to put the rest in 2h.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:49:33 pm »
This is my Horse Throwing build
(click to show/hide)
This is also a very dangerous agi foot thrower build as it is, even more so with a couple of changes :
(click to show/hide)

So I say go for it. Power Throw 5 is very good with Javelins, and daggers should be great against light armor. Good luck amigo!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:50:21 pm by Kophka »