Author Topic: My item balancing thread  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
Re: My item balancing thread
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 06:13:49 pm »
lol that weapon is biutyfull!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 06:19:14 pm »
Longsword definitely does not need that kind of buff. If anything just swap the weights on them.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 07:01:39 pm »
+2
I think that you're wrong, 1h stab is faster (it's ultra fast on horses) since weapons are faster themselves. Plus it's just different, you can't thrust anyone on clusterfuck. Plus onehander thrust is not as easy to chamber as 2hander. And it's completely wrong that onehanders have more powerful thrust than twohanders. There are two ways - buff twohander thrust or nerf onehanders.

I know you have a lot of experience with this game, but what you wrote here is just ridiculous. The 1h stab is still nothing compared to the 2h stab.
First: 1h weapons are not faster, animations make 2h swords faster except for the really fast 1h weapons without shield. (MW katana is still the fastest melee weapon of the game)
Second: 1h stab glances way more than 2h stab. If you take the weird stab animation of the 2h into account that's just bullshit, in close quarters the 1 stab should have more advantages.
Third: Who cares about the 1h stab on horses, it's not only rarely used it's also hard to hit anyone with it.

If anything buff 1h stab, the high pierce damage 1h swords are still underused (except for the italian sword which also has good cut damage and speed).
Also make the 2h swords 30+ pierce damage on thrust, but give them polearm stab animation. I say this even though I love to use the Great Sword on my 2h alt (and 70% of my attacks with this sword are stabs, because they are just so powerful).

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 07:52:45 pm »
I know you have a lot of experience with this game, but what you wrote here is just ridiculous. The 1h stab is still nothing compared to the 2h stab.
First: 1h weapons are not faster, animations make 2h swords faster except for the really fast 1h weapons without shield. (MW katana is still the fastest melee weapon of the game)
Second: 1h stab glances way more than 2h stab. If you take the weird stab animation of the 2h into account that's just bullshit, in close quarters the 1 stab should have more advantages.
Third: Who cares about the 1h stab on horses, it's not only rarely used it's also hard to hit anyone with it.

If anything buff 1h stab, the high pierce damage 1h swords are still underused (except for the italian sword which also has good cut damage and speed).
Also make the 2h swords 30+ pierce damage on thrust, but give them polearm stab animation. I say this even though I love to use the Great Sword on my 2h alt (and 70% of my attacks with this sword are stabs, because they are just so powerful).

Then it's needed to change 1h animation if players find it unplayable, but that's the other story. I repeat once again - I only look at stats in this topic.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 08:34:47 pm »
+1
I read "Buff 2h because 1h is overpowered"
Is it opposite day or something?
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:18 pm »
Then it's needed to change 1h animation if players find it unplayable, but that's the other story. I repeat once again - I only look at stats in this topic.
But stats alone don't say much. Give me the choice between the stab of my MW Side Sword (31p) and my tempered Great Sword (27p) and I would choose the Great Sword, cause even if the stats say it does less damage, the thrust attack just feels better and is more effective, if you take everything into account.
The 1h stab isn't unusable, it's just the comparison between 1h and 2h stab which has no basis in fact. You can keep the 1h stab as it is, but give the great swords polearm stab animation and more pierce damage. 

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:16 am »
Yeah but that's 1k of improved chambering so it all evens out in the end.

But yeah a bit silly. I think they will fix it with this next wave of stuff and things. I believe I've heard mention that chadz believes the only way to make all this crap work is to balance all the items one at a time instead of by limiting turn speed, so on and so forth.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 12:48:36 pm »
I can't believe people actually think the obese longsword looks better than the sleek, elegant design of the HBS.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
Dave you can't just look at the stats because the movement and the animations change everything
You made successfully a 2handed cry thread