Author Topic: Battle situation  (Read 1213 times)

Offline kura

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_kura
Battle situation
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:50:56 am »
Battle.Most part of people have equipment in same money category.Over time,there is a player with much expensive equipment or high statistics and people remember his appearance.
There 2 variants:
1.Ranged try to kill this man first,melee try to kill this man with massive push or at least try to hit and run this man.
2.Ranged try to get first easy kill and after this player,melee try to avoid battle with him and try kill him when all other dead.

What of 2 usually you use/see and what more effectively?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
Re: Battle situation
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:02:23 am »
+1
I like turtles!

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:02:50 am »
Depends of the armor quality.
If your range got short bows, and normal arrows, and the guy got a rus lamellar armor, then it's better to gank him with the infantry, while 90% of range focus on other guys. 10% of range can still go closer and fire at him in melee, to allow infantry good and easy hits.

Then...  i'm pretty sure it's good to kill him if he comes closer. It will definitely hurt the ennemies moral when he dies. But you shouldn't waste tickets ganking him though. Really depends on the battlefield.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:49:25 pm »
Bear in mind people like this almost always do one of two things at the start of the battle:
a) Hide in a corner for about a minute
or
b) Break from the pack and flank

So nailing them with early ranged attacks isn't generally viable.  They know people are going to gun for them and they tend to avoid situations that will get them pelted with arrows.

Also bear in mind that they actually tend to excel when a bunch of scrubs surround them.  They just side-swing in a frenzy while the mass of enemies TKs each other or else has a weapon raised, trying to get a clear shot, and thus isn't blocking or parrying effectively...

I think there are two or three good counters for this situation:

1) Cavalry.  Lots of these ringers are not that good against horses.  A popular ringer weapon like the bec is pretty mediocre as an anti-cav weapon.  Granted they generally stay out of open fields for this very reason, but if you see them and you see friendly cavalry, harry them a bit to distract them but try to keep distance so the cav can run them down.

2) A couple good defensive infantry and some archers.  If I have Goretooth or something on me and I know I have archers paying attention, I'll always aim to just keep myself alive, try to slip in just enough attacks to prevent him from freely wailing on my shield and arrange to be at an angle where the archers can shoot him.  I'm not trying to kill him myself, I'm just trying to distract him for the archers.

3) A good attack with about 3 infantry, especially combined arms.  1 shielder + 1 longspear + 1 heavy maul is a horrifying combo and even the best of the best will be screwed against that combo.  Better still if those three have some throwing weapons between them.  It helps to soften up your target a little and can put them off their game.  Plus, 3 is a good number -- more than that and you can get in each other's way.

So, yeah, when I'm on my shielder, I will engage these ringers and try to draw them into a fight where they get outnumbered, relying on my shield to let me live long enough.  I'll try to get hits on them with my throwing axes if they turn away from me.

When I'm on my 2-hander, I steer clear of them unless they are distracted by someone else.

When I'm on my archer, I will always try to shoot them above all other targets.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58:55 pm »
Honestly, just block them until they get bored.

If you can distract them for long enough, the rest of their team can be killed and then it's a simple 10 vs 1.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 08:16:22 pm »
I always avoid better players and players of similar skill in the first minutes. I do this for several reasons:

- I am a major scorewhore, I like to hunt easy kills first to look badass on the scoreboard.

- Dying in the first minute because of you taking on scary opponents sucks, cause you have to wait.

- Early fights are bound to be interrupted by cav, teammates, ranged, so for epicness sake I like to fight gamechangers later, so we can have a proper duel when a lot are already  dead.

What is fun is continously harassing a gamechanger without actually getting in a fight with him, by constantly threathening him you can reduce his effectiveness. I do attack gamechangers in the first minute occasionally, just for fun. Mostly ends badly, cause they have a whole crowd following them.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 09:14:39 pm »
I generally always look out for the champion and do my best to at least keep them engaged as that leaves enough time for the rabble to overrun, and sometimes I get lucky and manage to kill them.
And how!