Author Topic: An opinion concerning the discussion of "ra(n)gefest" - But in another direction  (Read 5200 times)

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
True, I was thinking of the more expensive weapons, but note that for 15K the 1Her with shield can get a very good 1Her weapon and a very good shield for that price, compared to the four weapons that were listed.

I think I should re-word my point (Thank you for pointing out that those were cheap weapons, +1 point): For the gold invested, versatility will diminish the amount of armor or effectiveness-at-one-moment that a dedicated will have.

Those are 4 top tier weapons in their class :rolleyes:

The most armor you need is transitional set, it coust around 30k if i remember right. In this mod, if you are not cav not plate, you make gold
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:15:09 pm by UrLukur »
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Mind posting your gear? I am rather curious, though running light makes sense if you are an agil build.

Barbutte helm
Heraldic mail
Red wispy gloves
Leather boots
Knightly heater shield
Elite Scimitar (2x heirloomed)

In game it says its 33k

i spent 10k on a horse, and the next night had made 20k since.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
Quote from: Dravic
And your current build is already the tradeoff I was talking about..  There are a lot of 8-10 PD users out ther that can ALSO use a flamberge or poleaxe simply because of all of the str required for the higher PD.  THOSE types of pure builds shouldnt be also using the high end mele weapons.  Thats the point of the OP.  YOUR build is actually pretty balanced, and you are not as effective an archer as someone with more wpf and pd in archery.  thats the point.

Well, fair enough, I agree to the bolded part but this doesn't go against my point. If they have 10PD and no PS and no WPF they aren't picking up high powered weapons in both systems (PS limit and WPF limit). But if he already has the strength for PD it's easier to get PS (dump 7 points into it and you are higher than many pure melee) than to get wpf (convert 6 points into agi 1 into weaponmaster you get 80 wpf, and you'll never reach 150). Especially thinking the other way round - there's no problem if an archer picks up a sword, it's less projectiles after all  (well some may think the purpose of archers is just to make them look like a porcupine and give them +1 to their k:d of course :lol:).
Problem is imo simply this: Meelist buys say 120 wpf for crossbow. He doesn't notice little decrease in wpf after all. Now he runs around without crossbow, wait what, but doesn't matter he still is perfectly capable melee. Then he sees a good camper map, then he leaves his armor away and plays pure crossbowcamper.
Someone who really plays as a hybrid is pretty balanced through upkeep, well, this guy isn't unbalanced as such, too, he is either mostly shooter with bad melee gear or pure melee, but it leads to more projectiles and always having to charge the archer infested house/tower/ruin.
At least I guess that's what happens, I've personally switched that way, but I mostly play for fun and run around with 2handers on 1h archer hybrid too. But it isn't solved by PS limit, he doesn't use points from PS to get there.
So simply make it so, if he wants best melee weapons he has to have high wpf, if he wants to have good crossbow/throwing/archery he has to have high wpf. He simply can't get both anymore without leaving a lot of useful skill points away.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:04:20 am by EponiCo »

Offline Chasab

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
there need to be hard limits to counteract the effect player skill, op mechanics and heirloomed items can have.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login