Author Topic: Strat Suggestion on Battle Location  (Read 447 times)

Offline old_hat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • Game nicks: Janneseph
Strat Suggestion on Battle Location
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:18:10 pm »
+1
Here's a thought: How about when someone is attacked on Strategus, the listing on the main site show the approximate location, like "Near Tulbuk" or "Near Uxkhal"? This would let players see where they have to go to get to the battle in time, and not have to ask the fighters. Battles are listed all the time, but I never know where the heck they are. So even if I wanted to help someone, I wouldn't know by simply looking and applying, as opposed to taking the time to ask. Am I being juvenile and/or lazy, or do I have a point, or is there too much coding/potential for bugs?
"The black wind howls...
One of you will die shortly."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strat Suggestion on Battle Location
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:19:50 am »
i owned u :D
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:29:51 pm »
+2
I'm confused. You don't actually have to BE where the fight is to join in. You can just apply and hope to be accepted. If you want to SUPPORT in the fight with your troops/equipment, then you have to go there yourself. You should be able to see anyone near you who are waiting for a fight to start by them having red around their character/name (if you use the eye candy. Dunno without it). And those who are too far away you wont be able to reach in time anyway. Also remember there's a limited time where you can reinforce someone who is waiting for the battle to start.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline old_hat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • Game nicks: Janneseph
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 10:02:21 pm »
I'm confused. You don't actually have to BE where the fight is to join in. You can just apply and hope to be accepted. If you want to SUPPORT in the fight with your troops/equipment, then you have to go there yourself. You should be able to see anyone near you who are waiting for a fight to start by them having red around their character/name (if you use the eye candy. Dunno without it). And those who are too far away you wont be able to reach in time anyway. Also remember there's a limited time where you can reinforce someone who is waiting for the battle to start.
I see. Thank you, that was helpful. I appreciate your response.
i owned u :D

Yes, well, I can't deny that. You aren't as helpful as Zapper. :|
"The black wind howls...
One of you will die shortly."
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile