Author Topic: Goal of new xp/gold system, siege autobalance  (Read 787 times)

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
Goal of new xp/gold system, siege autobalance
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:14:47 pm »
I'm sure this has been adressed in similar ways, but...

One of the goals of the new xp/gold system was to make income indepedent (therm sounds wrong) from player numbers and game mode. Due to my experience and what I've heard from others the latter has failed. While in battle I regularly get x4 or x5 and sometimes for several rounds this seems impossible in siege because of more frequent (every round?) autobalance.

Is it really intended that autobalance kicks in more often in siege or is it just because of more player fluctuation? Either way perhaps you should give it a try and make it check only one time per map in siege. The result could be of course that there would be more unbalanced teams the longer the map is active but I think it could be better than now.

Btw are there any numbers on how much gold/xp players get in comparison of battle and siege?

Offline SHinOCk

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Is that all you've got!?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 1%
  • Game nicks: Occitan_SHinOCk, Occitan_Baz, Derp_In_A_Can, Disease_Infested_Cum_Bucket, The_Long_Dick_Of_The_Law
  • IRC nick: SHinOCk
Re: Goal of new xp/gold system, siege autobalance
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 06:45:48 am »
Being stuck for a whole game on a map that is nearly impossible to win as an attacker so some lucky people can keep their multiplier up.... no thx... I dont like it when im switched to the losing side after a round but at least it keeps the teams somewhat balanced O_o
While you burn at the stake, i dance with the flames

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:23:17 am »
Still would be interested in those numbers. I know my suggestion is not a perfect sollution but I'd hoped you would come up with other ideas. :|

Or don't you think income is much smaller in siege at all?

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 10:58:06 am »
Its more about the faulty, ultra one sided maps which make up about 50% of the mappool @ Eu 5 an 6. Eu4 Siege got more playable / balanced maps.

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:03 am »
Yeah on EU5,6  there shoudl be 2 maps deleted out of 6? and 3 maps of EU4 added and then you got a good server.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 11:06:06 am »
The nord castle and the castle with the enemy spawning outside a destructable door are both nearly impossible to defend when the attackers have a slight clue what they're doing.

The desert castle can be defended succesfully even if the sidegate is broken within the first minute. The only requirement is all defenders to the flag and an 1:1 kd ratio between attackers and defenders.
Respawn for defenders is 33 seconds, but it takes about the same time for the attackers to make the long walk to the flag.

The others usually go back and forth with an advantage to the attacking side most of the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)