Author Topic: Getting my "main" swapped.  (Read 886 times)

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
Getting my "main" swapped.
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:44:48 pm »
Hi,

I've not been playing for the past few months for various real life reasons, but there is also an in-game problem that is putting me off a bit.

My current official main character is not the character I play most, as some will remember when Strat started for the 2nd time it was still in the middle of the "throwers being nerfed to oblivion" period. While my Thrower is the character I played most it was basically unusable for Strat battles at that time so I selected another character to be my "main."

Now Thrower has been balanced a bit I was wondering if there was any chance I could have my thrower switched to my main, as it would eliminate one barrier to my fun with the game at the moment.

I have not sold or traded any equipment with the character and do not want to do so I just want to be able to play everything with my actual favourite character.

I know I could just make a new character, but it would have a different name and also leveling a second thrower back up to lvl 30+ while I already have one at that level feels like a bit of a waste of time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
Re: Getting my "main" swapped.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 07:33:28 pm »
I feel your pain, but switching your main will sadly never happen :|

Offline Ulmarth

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ulmarth_Mad_Haggis
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 12:37:15 am »
:(

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 10:25:59 am »
Yeah brother, I feel ye pain to. Your stuck, just respec your main. That is your best option. Which I know is a really pain in the butt.

My advice is put every item your main has up on the market at 200 gold bellow its buy value and then make as much money back as you can to re-kit your thrower. Its pain but its not the end of the world.

Has funs
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 10:32:24 am »
Thrower are not very valuable in strat, AI never have throwing weapon and players don't buy throwing weapons oftenly, imo thrower as a main in strat is not a good choice.

Anyway good luck.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:48 pm »
Thrower are not very valuable in strat, AI never have throwing weapon and players don't buy throwing weapons oftenly, imo thrower as a main in strat is not a good choice.

Anyway good luck.

NH may try to change that!  We are roughly the "Nord" and generally incorporate throwing into our builds.  We pretty much are going to have to buy some throwing weapons.  I guess we'll see how that goes.  I suppose it's possible that it will be too much expense for too little effect but there are times when throwing is terribly valuable.  I can't see playing a shielder without throwing anymore.  It's great to pile all my points into 1H wpf but it's also great to split my points and wipe out people's horses by throwing axes at them.  This should be extra true in Strategus where I don't think we're going to see many plated chargers on the field.  People bringing the low armor horses for cavalry may be surprised to find that 1H shielders are entirely capable of dehorsing them just by throwing stuff at them.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 07:46:10 pm »
we've always brought throwing weapons because its awesome. :P

Also pebble pusher is probably the most effective guy to have in your team early days in strat :P
Turtles