Author Topic: throwing weapon wpf?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: throwing weapon wpf?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 12:17:05 am »
+3
The red text means that you are holding a weapon with a difficult above your current "effective power throw." The values Paul has provided in this thread and others are the minimum throwing proficiency required to have a given effective power throw in a given combination of armor. From the values Paul has listed, it appears that the calculation for the required proficiency can be approximated as:

Required Throwing Proficiency for an Effective Power Throw Level = 13 * Desired Effective Power Throw Level + Throwing Armor Weight

where

Throwing Armor Weight = head armor weight * 6 + torso armor weight * 2 + leg armor weight * 2 + hand armor weight * 8 - 10

with the caveat that the maximum effective power throw a character can have must be less than or equal to their power throw skill level. I think it is also safe to assume that throwing armor weights less than 0 count as 0.

Another way to present similar information would be:

Maximum Effective Power Throw Level = TRUNCATE[(Throwing Proficiency -  Throwing Armor Weight) / 13]

It would save me a lot of time if some throwers could comment on the accuracy of the above equations.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 12:19:43 am »
so if you are throwing, skimp on hand & head armor...good to know

Offline Belmont

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 12:30:02 am »
WaltF4 that formula is pretty close. I used to have a 8 PT thrower with 1.8 head armor, 0.8 hand armor, 9.5 body armor and 0.8 leg armor. I needed exactly 129 WPF to use this set and according to your formula I would need 131 WPF (unless I fail at math). There are some more observations on this topic which might help: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,12507.0.html

Thanks for the formula, will certainly use it!