Author Topic: 2 Questions regarding swings...  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Mak33

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
2 Questions regarding swings...
« on: February 08, 2011, 06:43:22 pm »
(1) What is "lolstab" and why is it called that?

(2) I've been hit or damaged multiple times from an opponents single swing.  How does this happen and why am I affected?  For instance, I'll have my shield blocking an opponent's swing, yet a 1 hander is able to damage me 2-3 instances in a single swing.  It creates a stun effect as I stumble backwards multiple times within half a second.

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Re: 2 Questions regarding swings...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:51:26 pm »
Can't speak to #2, but as for lolstab....

It's simply the thrust attack on most 2hand swords.  The animation for the attack makes it very powerful.  Many long reach weapons will not make effective contact at very close range, but even long 2hand swords will do full damage on a lolstab to someone immediately next to them, despite the fact that practically speaking, there should be no room to actually swing your weapon.  Pre-patch it also received a reach bonus that made it just as long and effective against cavalry as most spears.  I believe this aspect was reduced in the patch.  I think.

Come to think of it, for #2, are you using a throwing weapon in these instances?  If so, you're stumbling because any player with a ranged weapon equipped will stumble when they come into direct contact with an enemy.  No damage is actually dealt, but your guard will go down so they can hit you.  If this is what's going on (just assuming) then you simply need to switch to melee mode on your weapon when they get next to you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:53:57 pm by Kong Ming »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mak33

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:33:32 pm »
Kong Ming,

Thank you for the explanation on lolstab.  And I think you hit my #2 question!  After you stated that ranged weapons may play a part in it, I have noticed it when I am using my throwing class, but not in the secondary mode for melee.  I think you hit this one on the nose.  Thanks!

Can't speak to #2, but as for lolstab....

It's simply the thrust attack on most 2hand swords.  The animation for the attack makes it very powerful.  Many long reach weapons will not make effective contact at very close range, but even long 2hand swords will do full damage on a lolstab to someone immediately next to them, despite the fact that practically speaking, there should be no room to actually swing your weapon.  Pre-patch it also received a reach bonus that made it just as long and effective against cavalry as most spears.  I believe this aspect was reduced in the patch.  I think.

Come to think of it, for #2, are you using a throwing weapon in these instances?  If so, you're stumbling because any player with a ranged weapon equipped will stumble when they come into direct contact with an enemy.  No damage is actually dealt, but your guard will go down so they can hit you.  If this is what's going on (just assuming) then you simply need to switch to melee mode on your weapon when they get next to you.

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 05:34:53 am »
No prob, the throwing thing baffled me for a bit too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login