Author Topic: Polearm build help  (Read 644 times)

Offline Frank

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Polearm build help
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:22:35 pm »
Hey guys, I have many accounts. Sword+Shield, 2hander, Spear+Shield and another I cannot remember. Basically, I am growing bored. I want a new build, a polearm one, and wish to use a pike.

So basically I am asking for a good build for a pikeman (I would need a backup wep of course) for a semi-noob.

Thx.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Polearm build help
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 07:10:49 pm »
Poleaxe as backup, or Long Hafted Mace for the lulz.

24/15 8PS 5IF 5ATHL 5WM. The WM is enough to swing decently even with average timing, and it will allow you to afford the poleaxe without breaking the bank on constant repairs. Wear a lot of armour.

Go nuts.

Alternatively, go 15/24 5PS 2IF 8WM 8ATHL and the backup weapon is an Iron Staff. Wear very little armour.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:12:52 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 07:32:09 pm »
24/15 is a good build if you wear a light/mail armour. For heavy/heavy light you can try 21/18, with 5 WM 6 Athletics

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:47:49 am »
15/21 for mobility and thrust speed. The ability to zip into a cav's path to rear their horse, or to zip in and out of team battles to support is priceless. If you really want, you can also go 15-24 for even FASTER ZIPPING. As for a side arm, I'm very partial to the War spear to the point that I've masterworked it 2 or 3 times now.