Author Topic: Buff twohanders!  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Buff twohanders!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2011, 08:51:55 pm »
What?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2011, 08:54:01 pm »
English, motherfucker - do you speak it?
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2011, 10:53:09 pm »
I don't understand...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1188
  • Infamy: 937
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2011, 11:58:02 pm »
Oh look it's another Leshma thread in the balance/suggestion forums that I totally disagree with! 

Good to know some things never change  :mrgreen:

It would be boring if everyone agreed on everything. We are NOT Borg! (for Borg community check any Apple oriented forum)

10/10

Best troll on cRPG currently

I'm not even trying...

Now, on-topic:

I'm 2H and I don't fear swordsmen not matter how good they are. Why is that?

That's because I have a lot of armor and decent HP, most swordmen need 6-7 badly placed (body) hits to kill me. If I make mistake I get hit but that's not a big deal, I still can move, can block and will be able to attack back shortly after. People using 1H straight swords will need 9-11 badly placed hits to kill me if they aren't heavily balanced strength chars. You can make plenty mistakes and still be a winner.

I fear crush-trough, I fear knockdown, I fear polearms, I fear pikes/lances. Why is that?

Crush-trough negates my blocking ability and require a lot of footwork to be compensated for blocking. Those weapons aren't really slow, can be spammed if you have enough agi and they can kill me in 2-3 hits. One mistake and you're dead.

Every weapon with knockdown is dangerous cause it has decent chance to put you on the ground which in most cases means you're toasted. Damage doesn't matter but most those weapons are blunt and they hurt more than any sword hit. One mistake and you're dead.

Polearms generally have crappier feints than swords but some of them (recently buffed GLA) have weird animations, if you don't block low you'll get hit in the legs which means in many cases polestun. What polestun does? It stuns you in place for a moment where you can only block (but not as fast as usually) and can't attack. Smart polearmer will abuse that fact to spam your ass and due to similar attack speed of both greatswords and best polearms (glaive is actually faster than greatswords, not matter what stats say) they are very very effective. Also have epic stab, poleaxes of course. Even if you block perfectly theirs a chance that you'll be polestunned because of their heavier weapon. They can kill me in 4-5 hits. One mistakes doesn't necessarily means death but can turn out to be quite nasty.

Pikes, lances and that english bill have speed of an old 2H LOLSTAB. You have to be very patient with those guys or you're dead. Even heavy lance while used on the ground will be faster than your 2H stab. They usually have 2 attack directions which is limiting but they deal great deal of damage. Most of those eats my HP in 2-3 hits. Also polestun. Two mistakes and you're dead meat.

So, swords are good but they aren't best melee weapons. They are all-rounders, jack-of-all-trades but they can't dish out epic damage if you're not aiming for the head and thus aren't really noob friendly. For noobs I would advise any spear with combination of back-peddaling/stabbing when you have opportunity to do so.

Straight 1H swords are in even worse situation because they can dish out crap damage while being easy to block. Only time when I think twice is when I meat someone good who puts shield away and try to out spam me (Siiem for example). People using shields are easy prey in most cases. Spamitar is broken since the beginning of time and I won't talk about it in here.

Partially swords suck because cut damage is actually crap damage but that's not the only reason.

They are slow, stats aren't always acurate (110 long, 90 speed shortened military scythe is way waster than any greatsword and can be spammed easily), they have neat feints but since the slow speed on servers (when raining it's slow-motion), higher blocking skills or autoblock abuse swords aren't the best melee weapon in the game.

AND I THINK THEY SHOULD BE CAUSE THEY ARE SO COOL! 8-)

Now time to mention ranged. It's everywhere and most people have something of ranged type. They don't want to fight until you get really close...

In last patch throwing got buffed, archery got buffed big time (Paul can put his statistics where sun doesn't shine), xbow stayed the same aka super OP!!!

GLA got buffed (completely unnecessary buff...), pike and cav first nerfed than reverted! :lol:

It's my duty as 2H to ask for epic buff cause we are already awesome and we should be even more awesome and OP! I want people to fear any 2H just as they fear ranged and forementioned weapons.

No smelly horse lover deserves to be stronger, no "shitting bricks for half a round" xbow retard deserved to be feared, no legolas bundle of sticks deserve to kill me in 3 hits using joke of a bow, no cowardly mounted ranged should bother me, no tossing bastard should be my main concern.

I'm swordsmen and I'm epic and I want to be on top of the food chain, not because I'm skilled but because my weapon is OP just like any other class/weapon in this game.

EoD.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 02:00:47 am »
No smelly horse lover deserves to be stronger, no "shitting bricks for half a round" xbow retard deserved to be feared, no legolas bundle of sticks deserve to kill me in 3 hits using joke of a bow, no cowardly mounted ranged should bother me, no tossing bastard should be my main concern.

I'm swordsmen and I'm epic and I want to be on top of the food chain, not because I'm skilled but because my weapon is OP just like any other class/weapon in this game.
Oh ok. So everything but 2h is skilless huh? Whatever you say. But yeah you want a buff? Sure...I won't cry if the devs buff 2h. I'm sure some 2handers will never stop crying though no matter.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:03:12 am by Lichen »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2468
  • Infamy: 213
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 02:32:33 am »
Either buff swords,

or nerf ranged, remove polestun, remove knockdown, bring back rider bump, make crushtrough weapons way slower, make spear like weapons slower, lower pierce damage on all weapons, bring back pre patch archer, bring back pre patch throwing, nerf xbow to the bone...

Devs take yer pick :)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 02:54:05 am »
+1
2h is fine.

With a long 2H you can be a serious threat to cav.

If you abuse your reach you can be a serious threat to shielders & crushthrough users.

You have better animations than most polearms, and many times (due to animations) have more reach.  If you don't have more reach you most certainly have more attack directions.

Ranged can give them trouble, but if you invest 1-2 skill points into shield for your build you can negate a LOT of this.

There's a reason 2handers dominate the scoreboards, and there's a reason a lot of skilled players choose to go 2h.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 03:24:53 am »
bleh why didnt i read the "troll" posts b4 i posted
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:26:59 am by RandomDude »

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2011, 03:39:33 am »

At least I play the game...

Alot of people play this game......
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2011, 11:59:54 am »
Alot of people play this game......

he was reffering to people bitching here who dont play for months already

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »
i play all the time how do you know other wise???

GLA got buffed (completely unnecessary buff...), pike and cav first nerfed than reverted! :lol:
im sorry please explain to me how the gla got buffed i have not seen it at all different to be honest to me it seems like a shell of its former glory in native(it was by far one of the best AND my favorite weapon in native) whether its because it has more competition or because of some of its nerfs(it was not only weapon that got this but it can no longer stop horses)

(glaive is actually faster than greatswords, not matter what stats say)
and you speak as how the glaive is faster then the great sword no matter what the stats say? that road goes both ways some 2h weapons are longer then pole weapons no matter what the stats say and why is that? due to the fact that the way the player holds the pole(in the middle) makes it shorter then a 2h(which is held at the end of the weapon) which is why a lot of the time 2h players can out range pole players with stab attacks with the animation the way it is now(it blows my mind away how a weapon supposidly shorter then my pole can out stab me....when im a pole WHOS MAIN USE WAS DESIGNED TO STAB )

Crush-trough negates my blocking ability and require a lot of footwork to be compensated for blocking. Those weapons aren't really slow, can be spammed if you have enough agi and they can kill me in 2-3 hits. One mistake and you're dead.

Every weapon with knockdown is dangerous cause it has decent chance to put you on the ground which in most cases means you're toasted. Damage doesn't matter but most those weapons are blunt and they hurt more than any sword hit. One mistake and you're dead.

blunt weapons were designed with plate and knockouts in mind,used on the battle field to counter plate and that is why as a heavy armored combatant you fear them they were even considered holy due to the fact the crushed and did not spill as much blood as other weapons such as swords. and your blocks getting knocked through by such heavy weapons makes sense seeing how most off the weight is at the end,this does not mean they have to be slow either. and quite frankly i am surprised knockdown is built more common not just in blunt weapons but if you should get hit in the legs by ANY weapon would you not get knocked down?it should not be nerfed IT SHOULD BE IMPROVED

^that is my logic on the subject please if i misunderstood anything let me know
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:19:40 pm by Snoozer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2011, 02:51:07 pm »
I fear crush-trough, I fear knockdown, I fear polearms, I fear pikes/lances. Why is that?

So a 80 speed 68 long 8.5 heavy mighty great maul isn't really slow? can be spammed? just for your information, AGI have nothing to do with weapon speed since swing speed bonus from AGI got removed almost a year ago. again for your information great maul requirement is 20 strength so you can't use it with 8-9 athletics (unless you're level 35 with so many skill converted to attributes, you'll end playing with 50HP.)

one mistake and you're dead? is so hard with your 124 long danish to keep a mauler away? seriously... it's the first time a non-STR 2hander cries about mauls. and BTW who make mistakes needs to face the ground.

well if 60% of the game scares you to death, better you do something else.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:52:12 pm by Corrado_Decimo »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2683
  • Infamy: 130
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »
Corrado from now on, talk to the hand will ya bro :wink:

Time to bump this beauty.

Do it in next few weeks, buffing two handed swords I mean. Old stab values, no need for old animation, speed up by 1, old slash values.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2011, 09:43:30 pm »
+2
Rejected.