Author Topic: Help me for God's sake, I'm losing money.  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: Help me for God's sake, I'm losing money.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 01:26:53 pm »
Addiction to being robocop is why this patch was rolled out, no?  :mrgreen:

(Blue) Hood
Padded Leather
Hunter Boots
Leather Gloves

Fine Warbow
3x Bodkins

Gen 5

I dont even check my bank balance, if I could gift platemail to my friends I would tho....

Well, as an archer it's a No-brainer to use next to no armor.  :)
I'll try some of these suggestions when I've got the time, thanks guys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28:45 pm »
I had a friend of mine doing the math with the following parameters:

50% chance win/loss
Win= multiplier+1 (4 consecutive wins to get maximum multplier of x5)
Loss=multiplier set to 1

What's the average multiplier I play on?

His answer based on 7 levels of probability (what ever the hell that means) was x1.764.
That makes the average upkeepable amount of gold about 44k.

Bare in mind this number is in no way exact and is based on an infinite series of trials. When playing with your badass clanmates on a low pop server vastly increases the chance of a x5 multiplier and playing on siege mode gives lower results.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 06:14:15 pm »
As a helpful reply Ill agree with Spawny, 20k is bot of the tank minimun if u have a very small wallet for repairs. Its definitly not worth damaging ur items and not being able to repair. Once you have a "stake" of cash to work from, you can usually confortably run 40k of gear, sometimes splashing out on a spare weapon when the goings especially good, OR when its especially bad.

Try with leathers and 1 single weapon. See how fast you make gold. Then once you have a few k's of gold in the bank, start to incorporate more of your ideal gear, in order of how important each piece is to you. Gradually find the "balance point" of the scales, where you have gear on you are happy(ish) with, and save the really expensive stuff untill you are on that x5 for map or so, and wont feel the pinch.

Also, if you are on a smallish server, and are risking expensive gear to gain a win (and a multiplier), push your advantage HARD. Remember, more time spent using your gear, more likely it will break, so put on the plate, push hard, secure the win, and probably not even pay a penny.
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 06:17:59 pm »
As a helpful reply Ill agree with Spawny, 20k is bot of the tank minimun if u have a very small wallet for repairs. Its definitly not worth damaging ur items and not being able to repair. Once you have a "stake" of cash to work from, you can usually confortably run 40k of gear, sometimes splashing out on a spare weapon when the goings especially good, OR when its especially bad.

Try with leathers and 1 single weapon. See how fast you make gold. Then once you have a few k's of gold in the bank, start to incorporate more of your ideal gear, in order of how important each piece is to you. Gradually find the "balance point" of the scales, where you have gear on you are happy(ish) with, and save the really expensive stuff untill you are on that x5 for map or so, and wont feel the pinch.

Also, if you are on a smallish server, and are risking expensive gear to gain a win (and a multiplier), push your advantage HARD. Remember, more time spent using your gear, more likely it will break, so put on the plate, push hard, secure the win, and probably not even pay a penny.

Good ideas, thanks for sharing them. Also I'm thinking about using my courser I kept again, but these prices and all the ranged characters discourage me from doing it.

Offline Grey

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hope you like arrows...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: -
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
Well, again, get the riding points, but if you hybridize well, you can save the pony for when you can afford it.

And when theres really NO cash and you dont wanna be isntagankable to everyone, theres always:

Studded Leather Coat   2679   
weight 5
head armor 0
body armor 30
leg armor 10
requirement 8

ugly, but efficient and allows fast running speeds.  Combine with a mail coif, leather boots, mail mitts, grab a polearm, and your making money AND sliced salami out of enemies.....
Bamboo Bundle Bowman: 90'' draw, groups at 200 yards.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 06:27:30 pm »
Well, again, get the riding points, but if you hybridize well, you can save the pony for when you can afford it.

And when theres really NO cash and you dont wanna be isntagankable to everyone, theres always:

Studded Leather Coat   2679   
weight 5
head armor 0
body armor 30
leg armor 10
requirement 8

ugly, but efficient and allows fast running speeds.  Combine with a mail coif, leather boots, mail mitts, grab a polearm, and your making money AND sliced salami out of enemies.....

Hell yeah. I'll definitely get an "Economical" set of armour when I'll have some more cash.