Author Topic: [Stats] Make small wooden ladder weightless and one slot  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
Re: [Stats] Make small wooden ladder weightless and one slot
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:36:25 pm »
Sorry but I don't play on less populated servers, so have no idea what's happening on those. But roof camping is a huge issue on EU1 and easiest way to fix is what I propossed.

So you're saying you want a balance change but you really don't care how it affects any server (by the way i was talking about times, all servers are low population at some point in the day) other than the specific one you play on. Thanks for clearing up what your idea of a good balance suggestion is, it will be very helpful for future reference.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 2245
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 09:51:20 pm »
Of course I care only about server I play on, why would I care about you NA people. Honestly I don't give a damn whats happening on your servers.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 11:15:52 pm »
Of course I care only about server I play on, why would I care about you NA people. Honestly I don't give a damn whats happening on your servers.

/thread.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2570
  • Infamy: 1533
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 11:46:10 pm »
Yeah, cause opinion of NA players is super important :rolleyes:

Anyways, there is reason why deployable ladders are better than ladders which stay on the ground and can be "activated".

Map ladders give advantage to archers cause they always stay on the same place and it takes time to get them up. While doing that, you're unable to react for 5 seconds which means archers can change their position for better shooting angle. And if there are melee players guarding them, it's easy for both archers and their defenders to hold the attackers cause they usually attack from one side.

With player placed ladders it would be like siege, ladders everywhere. In few seconds any house or roof will be surrounded by player placed ladders and archers would be forced either to jump down or die.

But someone in the dev team has these crazy ideas how realism is a good thing so ladders will probably stay super heavy. Just like what they did with pikes, making them unsheatable. If pikes were still sheatable cavalry wouldn't be a problem at all.

Slots are somewhat good idea because it serves a balancing purpose.

(Un)sheatable weapons is crazy realism based idea and I hate the one who made that change.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:50:58 pm by Leshma »

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 12:04:12 am »
Yeah, cause opinion of NA players is super important :rolleyes:

No, because it's foolish to make a balance suggestion for a single server and anyone reading will probably pick up on that. You cannot possibly be this dense, is this whole thread a troll? Are you really that deeply rooted in your internet "we rock they suck cause we're from here and they're from there" tribalism?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 01:58:06 pm »
No, he's just an inherently self centered douche.
"it would be like siege, ladders everywhere", wow that sounds so great Leshma, truly you have cracked the code. The only way to make cRPG battles great is to give everyone and his mother a ladder. That'll reduce the number of roofcampers for sure.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login