Author Topic: Upkeep changes  (Read 550 times)

Offline pratolli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep changes
« on: September 26, 2011, 10:04:39 pm »
Not everyone likes upkeep, but it is necessary (I don't actually know why does it exist). So I tought: why not making it more rational?

My idea, consist in changing Upkeep into Durability.
Each weapon has its durability, once it reaches 0 it will be necessary to repair the weapon (just like new).
The durability decreases a bit for each use (armors lose durability each time that they get hit), and if they aren't used, the durabilty just doesn't decrease.

The price should be the very same of now, but paying each 1 - 2 rounds the upkeep for an item, well, makes everything more frustrating.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Upkeep changes
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:18:43 pm »
I agree with the general idea, but upkeep in practice is more of a check to ensure that people can't wear the best most expensive gear every single round.  It is designed around item balance, and as such would need a serious rework/overhaul if something like what you suggested is implemented (a few issues off the top of my head: some items like arrows would break more than bolts or higher end throwing weapons because they are "used" more.  Or the fact that players with low strength would have to repair armor much less than players with high strength since they would get hit less before dying.)

So I'd have to say I disagree with the suggestion, not with its intent but with the overall damage it would cause to balance.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline pratolli

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »
lil' bump.

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:33:00 pm »
Why? The upkeep we have now is working good, and they have just nerfed it if you worry about the price.

The good thing about the current upkeep is that in order to have a durable set of equipment, you'll have to win a lot. Where your suggestion, you just dont have to get hit that often or use your weapon, this certainly incourage leeching or not help out as much as you can.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
Why? The upkeep we have now is working good, and they have just nerfed it if you worry about the price.

The good thing about the current upkeep is that in order to have a durable set of equipment, you'll have to win a lot. Where your suggestion, you just dont have to get hit that often or use your weapon, this certainly incourage leeching or not help out as much as you can.

^i think hes right about the leeching people will avoid getting there armor damaged as much as possible to the point of borderline duel forcing and leeching imo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q