Author Topic: Please look into Throwing Lances  (Read 651 times)

Offline Wraist

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Please look into Throwing Lances
« on: September 25, 2011, 09:05:26 am »
+2
Ahoy, I am a Throwing/Polearm hybrid, using two throwing lances [in melee mode] as my primary weapon, with some jarids. Due to school issues, I was only able to play again today, and noticed that polestunning is ridiculous with the throwing lance.

The throwing lance has a speed of ~102, making it the fastest polearm, and while it doesn't do superb damage [16b, 26p iirc], I could get off three-four uninterrupted hits, even going as far as 7-8 uninterrupted hits. I'm pretty sure that the stun doesn't last as long as the bec's but it doesn't have to in all situations [to clarify, I only noticed polestunning other people when I used the bec or LHB, and now this].

If possible, I'd like this speedr to be reduced. I believe the war spear has a speed of 95, and perhaps a slight buff to the damage [+2b on the swings], although that isn't really necessary.

Thank you for yer time.

Offline H4rdn3ssKill3r

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
  • Crummy Wizard
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: naaaaaaaaaah
Re: Please look into Throwing Lances
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 10:13:27 pm »
OMG A PERSON WANTING TO NERF HIS OWN WEAPON!?!!?!

I applaud you sir!
f8uasdlöadk blablablababa lbalba
^ Analogy of discussions on forums.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 05:23:57 am »
Ahoy, I am a Throwing/Polearm hybrid, using two throwing lances [in melee mode] as my primary weapon, with some jarids. Due to school issues, I was only able to play again today, and noticed that polestunning is ridiculous with the throwing lance.

The throwing lance has a speed of ~102, making it the fastest polearm, and while it doesn't do superb damage [16b, 26p iirc], I could get off three-four uninterrupted hits, even going as far as 7-8 uninterrupted hits. I'm pretty sure that the stun doesn't last as long as the bec's but it doesn't have to in all situations [to clarify, I only noticed polestunning other people when I used the bec or LHB, and now this].

If possible, I'd like this speedr to be reduced. I believe the war spear has a speed of 95, and perhaps a slight buff to the damage [+2b on the swings], although that isn't really necessary.

Thank you for yer time.
You asking them to nerff a nerffed weapon even more :rolleyes:

Offline Deathwhisper

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 07:22:48 am »
I must admit it's a fun weapon in duels, but it's useless in melee in big fights. You also need to carry more than 1 lance if you want to use one in melee (=a lot of upkeep to pay) and need 7 PT (=less points to distribute into other stats).

I don't see the point of having a melee throwing lance build, when you could use a 150 gold staff with slightly better speed and less thrust damage.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 04:27:18 pm »
u sir are a weirdo,u are one of the VERY FEW people who actually use this build WHEN THEY ARE NOT TROLLING

i respect your integrity of your build but honestly with all the fiddling that has happened with this weapon/class
(which i admit i have not used in a long time,whenever i did i used heavy throw axes n jarids)
i think its fine where it stands due to its upkeep costs,no ammo,and average damage(little under a spear in comparison)

i have not in all my gens ever had to fight to the death with a throwing lance build in melee combat.....just saying that fact alone seems enough for me to say that it should not be nerfed
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:28:59 pm by Snoozer »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q