Author Topic: armor and how its rediculous, and why i bitch about everything  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: armor and how its rediculous, and why i bitch about everything
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »
care to share the calculations?

It's very simple, you divide 2.5 million by 1000 to know how many ticks, x1 or x5 doesn't matter since you still get 50 gold per 1000 xp at x1 or x3 or x5.

So, that's 2500 ticks of x1, just do 2500*50 and you get 125,000 gold.

Then again this doesn't include retirement though, but even then the loss should still be relatively minimal if there's any depending on his generation.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2011, 07:03:19 pm »
Veto, I left you a message on pg222 on the Chaos thread
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2011, 07:11:05 pm »
i didnt read your post, but i am replying, HOW COOL IS THAT

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »
It's very simple, you divide 2.5 million by 1000 to know how many ticks, x1 or x5 doesn't matter since you still get 50 gold per 1000 xp at x1 or x3 or x5.

So, that's 2500 ticks of x1, just do 2500*50 and you get 125,000 gold.

Then again this doesn't include retirement though, but even then the loss should still be relatively minimal if there's any depending on his generation.

Gold income is proportional to experience, but the value RandomDude is giving is net gold change which also depends on average multiplier. Currently,

average net gold change per tick = 50 gold * average multiplier - 0.0021 *  equipment cost (buying price)

Previously, it was safe to assume an average multiplier of around 2x for most everyone. However, I have had several 100 game sets with an average multiplier greater than 3x following the introduction of the valor system, and I strongly doubt I am the only one.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2011, 11:38:04 pm »
Woah, what the fuck did I do, I get mistaken for Veto and now for Ronrinesu? Holy shit.

I was talking about your armor hate threads that pop up every other month. You don't even realize that good armor is not really affordable, which is why everyone is running around in kuyaks. Meanwhile, you make unrealistic claims about armor effectivity, while not providing a single reason why armor should be as shit as you seem to want it to be. It's a fucking medieval game, armor is actually meant to work, you know. Maybe it's time to adapt to a situation you can't change? How about wearing some armor yourself?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:24 am »
Gold income is proportional to experience, but the value RandomDude is giving is net gold change which also depends on average multiplier. Currently,

average net gold change per tick = 50 gold * average multiplier - 0.0021 *  equipment cost (buying price)

Previously, it was safe to assume an average multiplier of around 2x for most everyone. However, I have had several 100 game sets with an average multiplier greater than 3x following the introduction of the valor system, and I strongly doubt I am the only one.

Yeah to make 125k i have to wear what exactly? Nothing? I have made money wearing plate but that was on a big x5 streak with fallen on siege doing the "Fallen train" choo choo.

Anyway my posts aren't about plate being expensive, it's about it being expensive but crap vs everything but slash. I can agree with bodkins having pierce but if they can 2-3 shot me from a range (and i can 2-3 shot them from melee) then shouldnt archer upkeep reflect that (by either increasing costs of bows and or bodkins)

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2011, 03:20:40 am »
I was talking about your armor hate threads that pop up every other month. You don't even realize that good armor is not really affordable, which is why everyone is running around in kuyaks. Meanwhile, you make unrealistic claims about armor effectivity, while not providing a single reason why armor should be as shit as you seem to want it to be. It's a fucking medieval game, armor is actually meant to work, you know. Maybe it's time to adapt to a situation you can't change? How about wearing some armor yourself?

Uh what? I never made any armor hate thread, and this one isn't mine either.

Also, I'm saying Armor is cost effective because it gives you a huge survivability boost at an affordable price (On one of my strenght crutch character I've been using almost the heaviest armor forever and never had to farm money to wear it.) and because it doesn't give much of a speed penalty.

On my old character, I had 9 athletics, I was in my red tunic, goretooth started chasing me with his black armor, in his current 9 athletics build, and I absolutely couldn't shake him off, he was running as fast as me.

Offline Ronrinesu

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Insanity is as one percieves.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CPCP
  • Game nicks: Juliet
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2011, 10:42:05 am »
+1
Uh what? I never made any armor hate thread, and this one isn't mine either.

Also, I'm saying Armor is cost effective because it gives you a huge survivability boost at an affordable price (On one of my strenght crutch character I've been using almost the heaviest armor forever and never had to farm money to wear it.) and because it doesn't give much of a speed penalty.

On my old character, I had 9 athletics, I was in my red tunic, goretooth started chasing me with his black armor, in his current 9 athletics build, and I absolutely couldn't shake him off, he was running as fast as me.

Sounds like it's not your armor that's making you slow then.  :twisted:
Blood is that which gives life, and that which takes it away. Treasure it as nothing more, nothing less.