Poll

What changes would you like more?

Forcefield back
Bigger width of shields back
Polearms with tag shield bonus should be unbalanced and slower because of their length
Less accuracy for ranged
Make all swords over 105 length use a polearm thrust animation
Increase 1h cut damage
More HP for shields
Make shields have less weight
Make shield skill every 2 levels instead of 3
Increase the angels of attack for 1h
Make all shields take only one slot

Author Topic: Buff 1h  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
Re: Buff 1h
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 03:15:56 pm »
When I post in a thread I have a point. You don't. Let's go over it so slowly that even narrow Overdriven mind can keep up.

Thread's name is buff 1h.
Darkfox posts in it, suggesting increased HP and armor and decreased shield speed. One assumes this is a buff suggestion.
I comment that it wouldn't be a buff at all, but a huge nerf.

You come in like a little retard, saying I am happy to nerf horses. How does this follow? It doesn't.

Even assuming this would be a "nerf 1h thread" (which the keen mind would notice it isn't) it makes no sense. How are these two things related? They aren't, except for a bitter Overdriven. Now go follow the link under my name and shut the fuck up before you're a little smarter.

Did you perhaps skip over this post:

One of my main gripes with it is shield HP. I think that should be raised a fair amount. Shields get hacked to pieces incredibly quickly.

Otherwise I think it's fine.

My first comment on this thread was based on what I thought from my 1h shield alt.

Despite the fact my second post was in jest and not at all serious. You obviously have taken it to be so and responded with 'retard'. I have resisted as much as possible insulting you, yet you feel the need to do it. Poor sad little internet peoples  :(

My response to Siiem above was partly due to him claiming that cav are just taking advantage of a glitchy engine and calling Chagan a retard for it.

Are you two in league with each other? You seem to love that word.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:19:03 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 03:16:51 pm »
Again you with your silly 1h buff threads... didn't you learn how to play 1h yet?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:17:54 pm by Vibe »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2011, 03:18:35 pm »
Again you with your silly 1h buff threads... didn't you learn how to play 1h yet?

Yep, 1h is fine.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Karmazyn

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2011, 06:09:18 pm »
Hello friend,

first you tell that huscarl shield protect good, so bigger shield or force field isnt needed and then you tell me to use a 1 slot shield, lol.
Second in another thread you wrote that you cant beat a good 2h in a 1 on 1 situation but there are maybe some people who want be able to do it.
These are your own words!
Also remember that against good 2h player or in 1 vs 2 pole you'll loose in 90% of cases.
And they vote and their votes will help our balance team to make better balance because our balance team need really help.
And again I see Okocha, I see Cooties, I see Meliosandro, Varyag but I dont see Dahli 1h in strategus play any big role and that is not fine and the statictics in crpg show that 2h/polearm made around 70% of all kills and that is not fine too.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:23:02 pm by Karmazyn »
Si Deus Nobiscum quis contra nos

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 12:01:37 am »
ive tried to take this thread seriously but it seems that every time someone says some supportive criticism you lash out at them saying there part of the conspiracy to bring down 1h shielders.sooooooooo no leave them alone you sir are a biased 1h shield troll so im kinda disillusioned with this thread saying the poor shielder needs a buff

this thread=NERF EVERYTHING THAT KILLS ME BUFF EVERYTHING I KILL WITH <<<<<<------
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 12:18:13 am »
The only thing I would like to see is a slight reduction of the effectiveness of armor against cut damage.

As things stand right now, a balanced 1h + sword build sometimes needs to hit a plated opponent as many as seven or eight times before finally getting a kill (this is what made me respec out of 1h). Anybody who makes over five mistakes in a fight should really not be rewarded with a win.

Shield health is fine. If you put your shield away when fighting bonus-against-shield weapons, you should rarely see your shield break in combat.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:21:38 am by Vodner »

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 01:57:31 am »
As things stand right now, a balanced 1h + sword build sometimes needs to hit a plated opponent as many as seven or eight times before finally getting a kill (this is what made me respec out of 1h). Anybody who makes over five mistakes in a fight should really not be rewarded with a win.
That's more a problem of str-stacking and heirloomed armor. Lots of people are walking around with up to 80+ body armor and 70+ hp and due to their heirloomed armor they don't have to sacrifice agility. Today I saw someone getting away with 4 arrows in the upperbody and 3 hits by a 1h with high cut-damage, one to the head. The guy was wearing some rus armor. 

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 02:28:53 am »
imagen lvl 35 36/9 12 if lordly black armor lordly heavy gauntlets lordly black greaves lordly armet.
dam

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 02:41:33 am »
You are biased towards 2h. Why do you want participate in this thread?

As both a shielder, and a veteran balance-thread-poster, I don't think 1h needs any major changes.  Though other classes may need internal tweaking, or slight inter-class tweaking, shielders are a very balanced and effective class right now.  As a hybrid 1h, with 29 body armour and an Italian Sword+Brown Heater Shield, I can generally hold my own against most kinds of enemy.  For a sort of jack-of-all trades equipment set on a jack-of-all trades class this quite seems sensible to me.

Something often forgotten in the Suggestion/Balance forums is that there's much more to M&B than armour and stats.  "Skill" is a very nebulous term for a lot of different things - including but not limited to: battlefield perception, group tactics, footwork, reading your opponent's armour+build+style, knowing specific individual opponents and their preferred tactics, knowing maps thoroughly, being familiar enough with your own particular equipment/build that you can consciously push its limits in unanticipated ways, and knowing when to run away.  Many balance threads are ultimately rooted in an absence of some similar or identical facet of personal "skill."

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 02:45:39 am »
Hello friend,

first you tell that huscarl shield protect good, so bigger shield or force field isnt needed and then you tell me to use a 1 slot shield, lol.

Yes I did, simply becouse I gave two examples 2 slots huscarl's and 1 slot heavy round shield, wich also gives good protection against ranged with quite good resistances, and few others like elite cavalry shield.  What is more slot system affects all classes, not only shielders, so do not expect to wear one of the top shields, 1h weapon + some pike/spear etc. that would be bullshit, there was a reason that devs introduced slot system.

Second in another thread you wrote that you cant beat a good 2h in a 1 on 1 situation but there are maybe some people who want be able to do it.

I didn't said that I can't, I was refering it to unexperienced player. What is more I mentioned later that I overstated percenteges... if someone can't block you'll kill him even with practice sword.

And again I see Okocha, I see Cooties, I see Meliosandro, Varyag but I dont see Dahli 1h in strategus play any big role

I'm glad that you are worried about my role in strategus, but I don't think it has anything in common with this thread.... zomg I'm dumb  :shock:

and that is not fine and the statictics in crpg show that 2h/polearm made around 70% of all kills and that is not fine too.

Becouse over half of player base are 2h/polearm (most of xbowers and some archers are using two handed weapons in malee), and the fact that their weapons do more damage it's easier for them to get kills, but they are much more vulnerable then shielders.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:23:27 am by Dalhi »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 03:06:47 am »
I'm glad that you are worried about my role in strategus, but I don't think it has anything in common with this thread.

Think he meant 'but, Dahli, I don't see 1H play any big role in strategus'. i don't believe he was referring to you
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Dalhi

• Earl
  • Renown: 415
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dalhi
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 03:23:05 am »
Think he meant 'but, Dahli, I don't see 1H play any big role in strategus'. i don't believe he was referring to you

:? well it's 3 AM  :oops: ... anyway 1h in strategus battles are priceless, maybe they are not topping the scoreboad but just as example I will tell you that nearly half of equipment that we were bying was for shielders, so we definatly have our place on the battlefield, and do the job quite well.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 03:31:49 am by Dalhi »

Offline D_the_Barbarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
    • View Profile
    • I have no website
  • Faction: none
  • Game nicks: D_the_Barbarian and Millions of alts like D_the_Female.
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »
I'm 1h main and I think that 1h is fine, no need for a buff other than maybe a hp buff, but not a big one. And use maces or picks for fighting tincans, not your sword or axe. 
On a similar note, it is imperative to carry smoke bombs. Archers get confused because they're so ineffective that they pause to wonder why, so they end up being as effective as intended.