Author Topic: I WANT BACK  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: I WANT BACK
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 12:18:32 am »
+2
well a 2003 engine updated with shaders, hdr, auto exposure, antialiasing, anisotropic, that runs smooth on a decent rig with 150 players...

i'd say one of the best indie graphic engines so far (because armagan and his wife programmed the 3d engine from scratch... just them.)
Electronic Arts instead fields zillions of software engineers to bring photorealism to the games, but the games they make really sucks.

EDIT:

and btw the graphics don't suck at 1680 with 4x AA and 16x AF with all maxed. and the blood mod is really a nice boost in eyecandy.
Fuck it. I play it on DX9 with lowest settings (pluss particle effects) and it still looks good to me. Better than what a lot of Ubisoft, and even some of what EA, has put out. Only new game I've seen lately that is good and runs like a charm on anything is Deus Ex: HR. Awesome tech behind the game there too. But Armagan wins though, since he's also an Indie developer. Mad skills on that guy.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia