Author Topic: Is banner balancing actually making battles more lopsided?  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Is banner balancing actually making battles more lopsided?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 02:01:58 pm »
I'm not in a clan. I don't switch my banner. I never have problems getting to an x3, x4, or x5. I've never found myself losing 6 or more rounds in a row. In fact, I wonder how others get to x5 because I rarely go with x1 for more than 2 rounds or so.  :lol:
I think auto-balance simply loves me and when I am losing too much, it looks out for me and switches me to the winning side  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline 3ABP

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Is banner balancing actually making battles more lopsided?
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »
banner balance is the best feature in crpg ever and if not ever, than ever. i'm rather angry that it sometimes doesnt really work as it should - we had many rounds where we were separated although we had the same banner and were like 25 percent of total player count. this should be really fixed so that big groups play always together (and small ones of course too - i mean same banners should play together always or at least almost almost always).

the other problem with banner balance is, that its really not fine tuned (balanced) according to random players. i mean if really some stacked team is winning 4:0 than why the heck doesn't autobalance make the teams 2:1 in player count? i often saw many rounds that were "balanced" by moving 1 person from mid tier into loosing team while winning clan stacked team still had even more players!!!

it seems to me that balance always is like trying to find 2 balanced groups of the same player count. why? bring on some variety, keep same banners almost always together, in the "worst" case we will see some battles with 2:1 in playercount. for me this is not actually worst case, its fun to fight against a lot of average players or try some zerg overwhelming charge notactics against a few mercs.
+ 10!

Pls make autobalance by banner absolutely (of cource depends of total number of players in both team and team members numbers).
Let firstly autobalance by banner split the players between the teams,
and only then start working other formulas and methods by the team balancing.

If it is needed we (at least I am) can help to develop those formulas and methods.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:32:03 pm by 3ABP »
              [STR] Strangers Faction
visitors can't see pics , please register or login