Author Topic: Official NA Servers are in need of donations!  (Read 4037 times)

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
Re: Official NA Servers are in need of donations!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 04:24:17 pm »
I see, I just assumed neutral meant it was run by people who aren't in factions or aren't in factions who participate in strategus.  If you play in strategus and have access to the server, you are inherently biased.  I'm not saying that's going to necessarily matter, but it's the bottom line.  And I'm not saying it's just the "official" servers that have biased admins, every server does...I just think it's silly to pretend the official servers are somehow unbiased (aka neutral) and that other servers don't share this unique quality.

The reason it is often considered neutral or called neutral is the way the servers were set up by Classical/Zealot. He offered to pay for brand new servers and let chadz/Dev Team pick who would handle selecting the admins for the server without Classical/Zealot having any real access to admin powers or anything like that. Shik was picked to head the NA Official servers and made his selections for admins without influence from Classical/Zealot, therefore it is as neutral as possible. I am leaving a few details and reasoning and out to avoid mud slinging but this is the main reason why they are considered neutral.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 05:36:23 pm »
The fact that the ATS servers are named "community" servers is really really childish imho.  And you don't get to call me a liar, because it's true that Gorath_ATS reset the strategus server in the middle of an ATS strat battle when they were getting their asses-handed to them.  You can't rewrite history, because if history serves us, winners write history, and you guys are losers.

The fact that every other post of yours is filled with the furious internet hate of a sex-deprived neckbeard is really childish imo. Your arguments are opinions and your agenda is well known, so why don't you just buy a punching bag or take up biking to blow off your rediculous aggression before posting if you want anyone on this forum to take you seriously.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
Regardless, the Officials are Neutral in that not a single game admin can suddenly decide "Let me reset this in the middle of a fight." Only the cRPG Administration (Which are far more neutral for NA battles then any of us NA folks) can reset the server.

Further more, we don't "change" the rules suddenly, so there is stability. There is a lengthy post explaining the rules so you don't have to worry about some Admin twisting something to suit him when the rules are clear cut. Anyone can go to the link, point and say "No, that is just your personal opinion, here is how it is."

In my opinion the Official servers are more neutral then any server which is Owned and Largely Operated by a specific clan, and has the head of that clan choosing other administrators instead of official cRPG officials choosing them. If there is a problem with any of the Official NA cRPG Admins, then the Official Devs get to say and judge what happens, instead of potentially a head of a clan saying "Oh let me jidge this game admin that is also in my clan." In my opinion, this is more neutral then any clan run server.

I am not saying that clan owned and operated servers are somehow corrupt, but I am saying that The Official Servers are more Neutral in that no clan holds all the cards, and can not abuse server rights and get away with it unchecked, and that if anyone abuses power then there is no potential for favoritism. Technically there is a clan of "devs" but note that none of the NA Official Admins are VRN, so even that point is moot.

For everyone else posting in this thread, stop the petty squabbles. This is not a thread to give posts like the one right above me, thank you. Now shush.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 07:56:35 pm »
The fact that every other post of yours is filled with the furious internet hate of a sex-deprived neckbeard is really childish imo. Your arguments are opinions and your agenda is well known, so why don't you just buy a punching bag or take up biking to blow off your rediculous aggression before posting if you want anyone on this forum to take you seriously.

The same can be said of you friend. Your post in this thread is a prime example
(click to show/hide)
 At least this helps keep this thread bumped so people can contribute monies to a good server, ran by a fairly decent crew of admins. 
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »
(click to show/hide)
 At least this helps keep this thread bumped so people can contribute monies to a good server, ran by a fairly decent crew of admins.

Less goons are bad more the majority of LLJK are sperg neckbeards with no social skills and the only way they can unleash their pent up rage at the horrible state of their life is to troll people in CRPG.

But then again don't listen to me i'm a noted goon hater!!!!!!
BROTHERHOOD OF THE 10$

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 09:05:30 pm »

Less goons are bad more the majority of LLJK are sperg neckbeards with no social skills and the only way they can unleash their pent up rage at the horrible state of their life is to troll people in CRPG.

But then again don't listen to me i'm a noted goon hater!!!!!!
BROTHERHOOD OF THE 10$

:rolleyes:

Pot calling the kettle black there eh?

Trolololololol

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 09:46:27 pm »
You're telling me that a 30 ping difference between servers is an opinion?

If you have any type of education then you would understand that no it isn't a opinion, but  really all depends on where you live and a few other things.

I have equal ping on both severs.

And please think to yourself befor you post. TY :D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:12:33 pm by Shadowren »

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »
Shadow, do you have a livejournal?  I want to hear about your Dad's opinions.

no i don't have a live journal.

(I want to hear about your Dad's opinions.) and what the suppose to mean?  :?:

Well idk about any one else but you sir sound like a creeper, and not the good kind.  :shock:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:55:57 pm by Shadowren »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:46 pm »
Double and tripple posting is against the forum rules, knock that shit off (both of you) and also find a different topic to argue in.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 10:36:37 pm »
Double and tripple posting is against the forum rules, knock that shit off (both of you) and also find a different topic to argue in.

lol your in every post Tears  :o

Any way if u think where arguing then you clearly misread.

and sorry about double post i don't use the forums often enough it will not happen again.

Offline ABCF

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • david spade
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The_Real_Gamers
  • Game nicks: The_Real_Gorath
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 10:58:37 pm »
Tears, my double posting is only a format style.  Whether or not the posts were made in the same minute, the style conveys a passage of time and my "sticking with it."  You see, my insinuations of Shadow being a moron and basement dweller constantly ridiculed by his father were much stronger when separated than together.

Double posting is freedom when done properly, don't get made at me for being a novelist in a Web 2.0 world, man.

If you have any type of education then you would understand that no it isn't a opinion, but  really all depends on where you live and a few other things.

I have equal ping on both severs.

And please think to yourself befor you post. TY :D

So glad we're talking about server alliance and not blacks and whites.

You're hilarious, bravo.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:01:55 pm by ABCF »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08:36 pm »
Double posting is freedom when done properly, don't get made at me for being a novelist in a Web 2.0 world, man.

I like how people pretend that this forum gives a shit about freedom and is not a dictatorship, where sometimes peopled get muted simply because a dev or admin is irritated. It is truly adorable to see that some believe rules are the same on the internet everywhere. :lol:

Freedom Rules of cRPG!

Always amusing, these forums.

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:08 pm »
+1
I love how a simple Donation thread can be turned into a Troll post with just a simple comment.

ANY WAY! where not here to try to  TROLL other players, this thread is here to try to get donations to the NA official severs.

:mrgreen: SO ALL PLEASE DONATE  NOW! :mrgreen:

Your Donations will be greatly appreciated.

(This will be my last post here unless i donate money)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 11:28:20 pm by Shadowren »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2011, 11:36:02 pm »
:mrgreen: SO ALL PLEASE DONATE  NOW! :mrgreen:

Your Donations will be greatly appreciated.

Fuck yeah!

Offline Duster

• Marshall
  • Renown: 730
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mr_Pibb, Mellow_Yellowtf
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 01:27:59 am »
(click to show/hide)

I never wrote "goons are bad hurr", I only took a playful jab at lljk because they really aren't fun to play with imo.

For everyone else posting in this thread, stop the petty squabbles. This is not a thread to give posts like the one right above me, thank you. Now shush.

Probably not the place, but I felt like someone had to put him in check.

My bad, resume the random ATS bashing, it's still stylish, right?