Author Topic: MERCS vs DHIRIM...  (Read 3242 times)

Offline Gingerpussy

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 251
  • Infamy: 224
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Gingerpussy
Re: MERCS vs DHIRIM...
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 01:02:40 am »
Mr Okin.

[00:28] <@okiN> And I'm seriously asking if any of the attackers knew in advance that would happen
 [00:28] <@okiN> I want to know what asshole was in charge of it

If you are asking if we where to take a advantage or even knew of this then you can #%¤%&/ OFF.
Who made bug reports and never got a reply on other bugs ?

Mercs never exploited, and if we knew this why would i sit on TS and make plans hours and hours before the battle then ?

What if the defenders had 90 players as they in theory could have ?They would own us totally. You would probably be laughing your ass off then right ?

I don't care if i get muted by telling you to ¤%&/() OFF but NEVER accuse us of something like this. When you are a ADMIN then you have a responsibility to the community to be a front figure. And not to accuse a clan that you dislike. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:53:02 am by Gingerpussy »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Varyag

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
  • Game nicks: Merc_Varyag_
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 01:07:04 am »
I want to know what ASSHOLE was in charge of it

Mr. Okin, thats too far even for this forum.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 01:10:02 am »
God, flame wars again....

We attacked Dhirim because of upcoming item/gold wipe. It would take us minimum 2 weeks to attack there if there was no wipe.
P.S I believe I was the first ever guy who reported item bug to chadz without abusing it (on IRC)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 02:03:22 am »
I wonder if I will ever see a strat thread that concerns a battle or war and has no flaming...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 02:32:32 am »
Mr. Okin, thats too far even for this forum.

For the record, it's quoted totally out of context, the second line actually referred to the changes made to the map.

I didn't really mean to accuse anybody, but obviously it was a possibility that occurred to me, since it's no secret that people sometimes pull some very dirty tricks in this game. However, since the answer is no, I'll accept that, no problem, and I'm sorry if I offended you. Somebody really screwed the pooch on that map, though.

Quote from: Actual chat log
[01:28:33] <okiN> And I'm seriously asking if any of the attackers knew in advance that would happen
[01:28:33] <Smoothrich> great job on the scene editing for that city, lol
[01:28:40] <okiN> Smoothrich no kidding
[01:28:45] <okiN> I want to know what asshole was in charge of it

Honestly, given the magnitude of the fuck-up we're talking about, here, I don't think my language was too harsh.

Edit: actually, it seems as though the problem wasn't who was in charge of editing the map, but that nobody was. New spawn system + Forgetting to fix the spawns on the map = This ungodly mess. Le sigh. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:58:07 am by okiN »
Don't.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 10:48:47 am »
What was up with the map?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 11:19:43 am »
It looks like nobody placed the previously inactive spawns outside the walls after the new spawn made them active, so almost all attackers spawned in one lump on the inside of the town walls and quickly steamrolled the defenders.
Don't.

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 01:34:02 pm »
It looks like nobody placed the previously inactive spawns outside the walls after the new spawn made them active, so almost all attackers spawned in one lump on the inside of the town walls and quickly steamrolled the defenders.

Meanwhile Everkistus, Phazh and Noc outside

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 02:23:06 pm »
If the defenders would have realized it sooner they could have had a chance to swarm the attacker spawns, Merc forces were just quicker to get up on the walls + put ladders up, then kept advancing flag by flag while at the same time securing the bottom.

I have to admit that fighting on the walls was actually quite fun though, trying to advance one flag at a time etc. However it wasn't fun clicking F to disable flags and picking up random weapons 24/7.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 07:44:24 pm »
If the defenders would have realized it sooner they could have had a chance to swarm the attacker spawns, Merc forces were just quicker to get up on the walls + put ladders up, then kept advancing flag by flag while at the same time securing the bottom.

I have to admit that fighting on the walls was actually quite fun though, trying to advance one flag at a time etc. However it wasn't fun clicking F to disable flags and picking up random weapons 24/7.
Stop lying cooties! I was the guy behind you running around disabling the flags (all by myself) and killing the few who spawned behind you while you and your 2h buddies had a field day :P
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 08:53:32 am »
(click to show/hide)

The horror...the horror.  I wish that I could have got some pics of the wall mayhem but was too busy falling off because of those damn banana peels.