Author Topic: Retreating, Dying and being Captured  (Read 317 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Retreating, Dying and being Captured
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:31 pm »
+1
Just thought I'd post a few ideas for changing some of the post battle mechanisms in Strat.

1)  When you die, instead of being randomly teleported, I think you should just appear near a pre-selected home fief after a certain amount of time.  I'd set that time at 24 hours + the time it would have taken to march the distance from the battle site to your home fief.  This should make life simpler and reduce the number of randomers walking through faction lands, whilst still keeping an effective penalty for duing.  This also prevents people from randomly being able to gain an advantage when they die if they happen to end up in a good spot.  In order to set somewhere as your home you have to be there.

2)  Capturing Enemies - I think it could be good for there to be a small chance that if someone loses a battle, they are captured - just like in Native SP.  If captured, you're out of Strat until you are released (although you can still fight battles - unrealistic, but more balanced), or you escape, or you are ransomed.  Releasing is entirely up to the faction that captured you.  Escaping will be based on chance, with that chance going up each day so that after a week or 2 you have a pretty good chance of escaping.  Ransoms should be set by the capturing faction and show up in your faction member's faction lists on their character page.  Any of them with enough cash can then pay the ransom.  Whether you are released, escape or are ransomed, you will show up in your home fief after an appropriate amount of time has passed (the time it would have taken to march there from where you were captured)

3)  Retreating - This should be replaced with "withdrawing".  Withdrawing is where you just pull back from a battle with whatever troops and equipment you have left.  You stay in the same place and can therefore be counter attacked, or attack again later yourself.  Useful for if you want to whittle down an enemy with Archers and HAs before going into a full battle later on.  In order to prevent abuse, when you hit the withdraw button, a large 3 minute timer will appear in the top corner of everybodies screen.  Gradually over the 3 minutes, your tickets will start to go down.  Anybody that dies during this 3 minutes will take 1% of your remaining tickets with them.  Once all your tickets have withdrawn the battle will end as soon as everybody is dead.  This simulates a fighting withdrawal and gives your opposition a chance to seriously disrupt that withdrawal.

4)  NEW retreating - This is running away :mrgreen:.  EDIT: This will be the same in battle as withdrawing but afterwards you will turn up in your home fief (after the time it would have taken you to march there).  You will also lose a further percentage of your troops/equipment according to how far you have travelled.  The further you run, the more you lose.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:55:12 pm by Tomas »

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
Re: Retreating, Dying and being Captured