Author Topic: Requesting Add IP to Favorites / Server Selection Interface  (Read 663 times)

Offline Atreides

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Passing through nature into eternity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Atreides
Requesting Add IP to Favorites / Server Selection Interface
« on: September 04, 2011, 11:24:30 pm »
+1
I don't know how difficult it'd be to implement this, but it'd be a real help for players who have trouble finding/connecting to servers. Warband is the first online game I've seen that has left out IP connecting and the server selection interface

Basic idea would be to add a input box on the server selection screen so you can manually add servers to your favorites list without browsing for them

Alternatively, it'd be nice to have an out of game server browser, where you can see what servers are up and launch directly to a server from outside the game

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

example of the Steam servers interface

I know this is more of a general issue than being specific to CRPG, but it's worth mentioning, also if something like this already exists for CRPG, let me know

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Requesting Add IP to Favorites / Server Selection Interface
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »
Favorites servers already exist for Mount and Blade, Warband, not only cRPG.

Launch your game, go to "Multiplayer", "Join a game". Select your server. Instead of clicking on "Connection" bottom right, click on "add to favorites" bottom middle.
Then, top left-middle, there's Source :"internet" in a scrollbar already selected. There, you can click and choose "Favorites", to see all your recorded favorites servers..

Just be aware, when there's a major update concerning servers, you'll just have to add them again to your favorites.

Don't know what steam has to do with this, though.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:48:01 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Atreides

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Passing through nature into eternity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Atreides
Re: Requesting Add IP to Favorites / Server Selection Interface
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:52:41 pm »
I'm aware of the favorites list, the problem is that browsing for servers doesn't always show every server online. Often times it leaves out random games, but with the Add IP to Favorites option it eliminates that problem. You can directly add the IP of the server you want to join without error.

I've tried adding every CRPG server to favorites, and even then when I refresh my favorites list, a lot of servers are missing. I know this isn't a problem specific to me because I've been hearing about this from my friends as well