Author Topic: Planetside style respec option  (Read 776 times)

Offline masasa

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GK_masasa
Planetside style respec option
« on: September 03, 2011, 02:42:50 pm »
+2
An example how it could work:

Every 24 hours(or could be just 12h, idk) you can:

- Remove one attribute point and either respec it to strenght/agi or convert it to 2 skill points (or leave unused).
- Remove 2 skill points and either respec them to other skills or convert them to 1 attribute point (or leave unused).
- Remove 20 Weapon proficiency points and respec them (or leave unused). [You remove 20 points from high level weapon, you obviously gain a lot more than 20 points to respec to new weapon]

You can make all the above changes or just 1 of them. When you click submit the 24h timer resets and you have to wait 24h again to make new changes. In other words you can't play normally for 2 weeks and then use all the respec points you have "saved". You have to change your char gradually in 24h cycles.

Why this would be nice:

1. Prevents situations where you grind your ass off and then make one miss click in the character page that makes your final build less than optimal(or just plain bad). Sure you can respec completely but you also lose half your XP so you would have to grind again.

2. Gives you option to redo your char without having to grind back the xp, but it takes a long time to respec to a completely different build, and you would have to suffer with bad build until your respec is done.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
Re: Planetside style respec option
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 02:49:53 pm »
nice option. cos i repected 10 times since june.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:04:14 pm »
respecting is gay it cost me so much time, remove the 50%, 7 days  instead like stf.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »
would like to see the option to have a 2 day period in which u can redistribute youre points as often as u want after pressing the respec button.

for exampel one has the perfect build,  than plays crpg drunk and suddenly thinks respeccing into a weird build would be awsome.  the next morning you wake up and realize:  shit went down -.-
btw true story ^^
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »