Author Topic: 1h shielder equip-need help  (Read 576 times)

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
1h shielder equip-need help
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:56:47 pm »
So i decided to try shielder, but i dont know what is good gear for him. i will go 21 18 or 24 15 build.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: 1h shielder equip-need help
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 01:08:15 pm »
Honestly, as a shielder the two most important pieces of gear is your shield and your weapon.  The higher your shield skill goes the less important the other armor is since you'll presumably be absorbing most hits with the shield. 

So go with something that you think looks nice.

I would recommend going blunt or pierce damage if you have 6 or less PS.  Above that and swords are a more realistic option, looks like you're going that route.

I recommend the 21/15 build as shielder because it's just... really good.  I'm currently going 24/12 which I love but 24/15 as you mentioned is also an option.  I've never tried 21/18 as a shielder.

For shields Huscarls is an overall awesome shield that everyone uses.
Brown Lion Heater, Knightly Kite Shield, maybe even heavy kite shield are options as well.

Last thing I want to mention about weapons is the lower your athletics the more you might want to keep an eye out for weapon reach regarding what weapon you pick.  With high athletics you can hug most anyone with a short weapon, but you might find yourself out of range and chancing more often if you go with a warhammer and low athletics.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345