Author Topic: IG Mordgrim - surely unbanned  (Read 507 times)

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
IG Mordgrim - surely unbanned
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:38:39 am »
This player was banned by poll for polling a kick vs a player that deliberately tk'ed.

Admin VRN Gurnisson saw it all and banned (ended up kicked) the player who polled the guy but presumably Mordgrim will be unbanned?

Plus good admin by Gurnisson.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
Re: IG Mordgrim - surely unbanned
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 03:45:13 am »
Poll bans only last for an hour so he should be unbanned, if not soon.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Mordgrim

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Less talking, more raiding!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • Game nicks: IG_Mordgrim
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 04:05:38 am »
Thanks guys, Im glad to see this. I was very angry after that incident, but I decided not to write anything untill I cooled down.

However, I feel I should at least explain the incident.

EU_cRPG_2
At roughly  2011-08-22, 02:50AM I run up the ramparts of the siege tower. There I am met by a player (who's name I actually dont remember) who kicks me for no apparant reason. I kick him back and prepare to run past him, thinking he was just kidding with me. But he immediately slashes me with a 2h sword and kills me. Quite deliberately because there is no enemy within at least 30 meters.

I proceed with criticising him verbally in chat, accusing him of an obvious deliberate team kill. He tells me something like "you slashed me twice, what do you want me to do?" I have no recollection of attacking him at all. It is of course conceivable that I have accidentally team slashed him, these things do happen after all, but I most certainly have not done so on purpose. Not to him nor anyone else.

Hi clan mates seem to stick up for him in chat though, and suddenly I am kick polled from the server, and banned. I try to log in an hour afterwards and the ban seems lifted.

Im interested though, the guy who polled me, is that the same guy who intentionally TK:d me? And what exactly were the measures taken against these people?

Anyways, thanks Woody and Gurnisson for your efforts.

/IG_Mordgrim
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:07:22 am by Mordgrim »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:45:51 pm »
I banned him for 1 hour on all servers as punishment. If I had been able to lift a poll ban, I would've done that, but unfortunately, that ain't possible. Sorry to see you being banned for an hour as an innocent player, Mordgrim, but there was nothing I could've done.

Next time, I'll turn off polls when I'm on, because it's not really needed when an admin is online.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.