Author Topic: Which 0 Slot 1 Handers CAN block?  (Read 885 times)

Offline Vackeno

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Which 0 Slot 1 Handers CAN block?
« on: August 16, 2011, 07:32:12 am »
the TL;DR is the subject. Which 0 slot 1-handed weapons are you able to block with?

I took a long break from cRPG and have returned to see my archery hybrid spec brutally nerfed between the slot system and arrow speed for lower PD. I'm hoping to not have to disregard archery completely for the future and to better fit with this new slot system as well as the molasses arrows, I was thinking of a 9 PD Longbow build or some such. In any event, I want to have a few points in 1H proficiency and would like to use a 0 slotter. Which ones can block?

Also, what is with the shift AWAY from Bodkin arrows? I realize that they're rather retardedly expensive for arrows and have a nasty upkeep... But my assumption is that since archery damage is "meh" (my opinion) at this point, people are going for faster draw arrow spam to try to score head-shot kills. Is this 'accurate'?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Which 0 Slot 1 Handers CAN block?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 07:35:23 am »
+1
Hammer & sickle.
(and the wooden stick)
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51:08 am »
And the Hand Axe. Right?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Okkam

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »
Practice Dagger
Wooden Stick
Sickle
Hatchet
Torch
Hammer
Hand Axe

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 02:01:49 pm »
Also, what is with the shift AWAY from Bodkin arrows? I realize that they're rather retardedly expensive for arrows and have a nasty upkeep... But my assumption is that since archery damage is "meh" (my opinion) at this point, people are going for faster draw arrow spam to try to score head-shot kills. Is this 'accurate'?
Arrows now break much more often than other equipment. This has made the upkeep cost difference between Bodkins and other arrows much larger. The added 1 damage of Bodkins is not worth the loss of arrows and a massive increase in upkeep costs.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:12:03 pm »
I think expensive arrows break more often, i guess to force the people to use cheaper ones as their bread and butter arrows.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:20 pm »
9PD AND wpf in 1h? Ain't gonna happen. You got to have 17(or was it 13 or 14?) wpf (after reduction from weight) per PD. Going 21/18 or 18/21 is your best bet.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia