Author Topic: Without a doubt the BIGGEST problem in C-rpg  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
Re: Without a doubt the BIGGEST problem in C-rpg
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 08:22:04 pm »
But you will live with it indefinitely unless Braedan's laugh jars are full
Braedan you're truly a master at making me lol, but I do not see this as justified even though we all would rather not play with balton.  :rolleyes:

Kids will be kids. Childish immature actions.

AFAIK you are a test case. Either Braedan gets his admin power removed by community for abusing, or the biggest troll will stay banned. I think that's a win-win situation.

No one wins when admins abuse.
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 10:18:04 am »
I've never been banned, muted, or even kicked from any c-rpg server.  That being said I have seen the ridiculous abuse that goes on on the NA servers.

1. First and foremost being that admin positions are given to allies and friends of the clan that runs the server.  Hmm.. how many admin positions did hospitaller and eastern tsardom have on the NA servers before they joined the Northern Empire?  Now how many do they have? It seems like every member in the NE has admin powers now.  I've donated money to help support the NA servers but I don't think any Fallen member will ever get an admin position on the servers.  Not that I think Fallen should, it should go to people who play often, are level headed, and will enforce the rules fairly.  Not used as a political tool.

2. Changing server settings and maps to suit individual needs.  Is banner balance on or off right now?  Why can I change teams sometimes but not others?  Why did the map get changed for no reason?

3. Wanton enforcement of rules.  Watch out if someone doesn't like you.  Very few warnings or kicks, almost always a perma ban, even for the most minor of offenses. (such as bumping into an admin with your horse in spawn, on accident)

4. The most egregious of all is the abuse of the strategus server.  Restarting the server when losing a battle is game breaking.  Kicking and banning players during a strategus battle is game breaking.  Just the fact that you're administrating your own games during strategus is game breaking, especially so when only friends and allies have admin powers.

All of the c-rpg servers should be funded, supported and ran by the community as a whole.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline The_Newer_Wind

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 11:51:19 am »
That's not really even the problem, though. The admins don't want to mute, they don't want to kick, they don't want to warn. They want to BAN.

Don't believe me?   Take a look at this: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,32.0.html
There have been over 300 unban requests, and most of them are just ridiculous (take a few minutes to browse through the topics).
Think of how many problems could be solved with a warning or a mute.

MY GOD! How could there possibly be so many people banned! its crazy, seriously, just limit them! get the responsible ones and kick all the ones people have made decent complaints against.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 05:07:48 pm »
I've never even been threatened with a ban and I'm a bit of a jerk. You must REALLY have some issues going for you  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login