Author Topic: Hybrids ?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Hybrids ?
« on: August 07, 2011, 11:37:37 pm »
So, most of my characters when I played a lot (and wasn't a filthy noob) had split proficiencies. But now the armor reduces your WP accordingly, I feel this kind of character is a waste, unless you stick to -very- light armor since both will be reduced. Thoughts ? I'll retire soon so I'd like to know if I'm good to go the same way or if it's a bad idea.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
Re: Hybrids ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 03:54:05 am »
yep hybrid are really good for light armored character.

If you're gonna crutch on heavy armor you better go in only one weapon proficiency.

Medium armor really depend on the build. Same may still be good in hybrid, some won't.

If you post the build and the armor you are going to use that would help getting a more precise answer!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:55:59 am by Dach »
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:19:02 am »
Spit WPF between two is still OK, even with heavier armour. WPF is not that noticable after first 100 points. You could go high agi, like 15/24, that would give you way enough WPF to split between two.

Offline Hisagi

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saints of War
  • Game nicks: SoW_BS_Toby_Moogle_King, sK_BlackHawk
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 08:34:30 am »
but then 5 PS leaves you with crap damage.

I'm a 2hander/polearm hybrid and its fine. If you just want to be a lance cav/longspear user with a 2hander u can just keep 1wpf in polearms cuz it really doesn't matter there
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hisagi's Den of Gewdies

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 08:57:32 am »
Why even go 2h on a lance cav/spear char? Stick with polearms, they're better anyway :)

Offline Yugop

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 04:48:27 pm »
Thank you for your advice. Guess I'll go for a 1h/polearm or 2h hybrid (blocking with a shield all the time is boring, but getting raped by missiles is annoying as hell).

Another question : back in the old days, all my 2h characters had 2 shield skill and a board shield, but that was because of the awful ranged spam we used to have to deal with. I've not seen many 2h or polearm users carrying shields, so I wonder if it's still as useful as it used to be.
Also : now most bows deal cutting damage, do arrows break shields faster ?

Offline Panoply

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:34 pm »
Most shields can take a lot of arrows. I find it very handy to have 1 or 2 shield skill on a 2her or polearmer. Carry the shield around on your back and only whip it out to get shelter from ranged fire. It won't stand up to any melee hits, so don't bother with that, but my 2 shield skill plain kite shield is rarely destroyed in one round by ranged fire. This is not just because it takes a decent amount of ranged hits, but also because whipping it out immediately discourages ranged fire.