Author Topic: Throwing lance melee  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Dahobo

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Throwing lance melee
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:22:27 am »
So I made a char who uses a throwing lance. My first thought was that I could stop horses with stab of the throwing spear... I was wrong and costed me 3 minutes of my life having to wait for the next round. I would like throwing lances in melee, to be able to stop a horse with a stab. *cough* make it have 28p in melee *cough*

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing lance melee
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 03:52:56 pm »
+1
So I made a char who uses a throwing lance. My first thought was that I could stop horses with stab of the throwing spear... I was wrong and costed me 3 minutes of my life having to wait for the next round. I would like throwing lances in melee, to be able to stop a horse with a stab. *cough* make it have 28p in melee *cough*
ummm you know throwing lances do like 20b for swings, and 30p for thrust.
also they do 60p thrown.
Ps: throwing sucks dick, reroll as something better

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 04:00:17 pm »
+1
Native is a die hard thrower. Since the dirty scoundrel has gone archer, that kind of gives you an idea.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cheap_Shot

• Count
  • Renown: 244
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 04:37:08 am »
+1
Yeah, don't be a thrower right now. You'll either be waiting bored for 7 days to respec, or miserably trying to get to 31. I barely play anymore.
I'll throw even when the weapons are gone. I can always throw punches and throw up.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 05:16:40 am »
i would love to give spears & lances a try, but you pretty much have to be naked and pure thrower to even use them.  the PT & WPF requirements for throwing are over the top.  not everyone is a born archer, it takes some skill and significant investment...but just about everyone knows how to throw an object and it doesnt take much training to be mildly proficient at it.  Throwing should be a natural hybrid/secondary skillset, not useless.

i really dont understand what they did to horse rearing in the latest patches.  I stab horses going full speed at me with short & regular spear and they take dmg but continue to ride right over me.  any long pointy stick should rear a horse

Offline Shinobi

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:00:30 am »
+1
i would love to give spears & lances a try, but you pretty much have to be naked and pure thrower to even use them.  the PT & WPF requirements for throwing are over the top.  not everyone is a born archer, it takes some skill and significant investment...but just about everyone knows how to throw an object and it doesnt take much training to be mildly proficient at it.  Throwing should be a natural hybrid/secondary skillset, not useless.

i really dont understand what they did to horse rearing in the latest patches.  I stab horses going full speed at me with short & regular spear and they take dmg but continue to ride right over me.  any long pointy stick should rear a horse

/amen

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 04:52:46 pm »
If you want to be serious about getting kills, don't use the throwing lance right now. Against most non  damaged opponents you end up just giving them something to laugh about after they kill you as they run off with a massive poll stick out of them. Even with 9 PT it very often doesn't kill anyone with medium to heavy armor. It's still decent againist most horses, that's about it. Would be nice if they got rid of the whole 14 wpf thing for throwing. The downsides of no AGI already offset any advantages of being able to kill people. I don't see why balanced builds need to be forced on people.
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:17:05 pm »
Not every long pointy stick should stop a horse. That would mean any sword can, pretty much any polearm ect. I think it's good that only the heftier weapons can stop a horse. Makes a nice change and means some people actually have to use anti cav weapons dedicated (and there are actually a lot of people who do). And don't cry realism, I think it makes sense from a balance pov. Seeing as the speed bonus works against cav when you get stabbed by a long pointy weapon. If you do, your horse it likely to go down, or at least take a serious amount of damage.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:18:24 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:09 pm »
Not every long pointy stick should stop a horse. That would mean any sword can, pretty much any polearm ect. I think it's good that only the heftier weapons can stop a horse. Makes a nice change and means some people actually have to use anti cav weapons dedicated (and there are actually a lot of people who do). And don't cry realism, I think it makes sense from a balance pov. Seeing as the speed bonus works against cav when you get stabbed by a long pointy weapon. If you do, your horse it likely to go down, or at least take a serious amount of damage.
But SPEARS should be able to, don't you think? Having LHB or Axes stop a horse is ridiculus, but all spears/pikes/lances should stop horses. Amen.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia